ManTech International Corporation.
Arlington, VA 20598
Subject Matter Expert Principal
USA VIRGINIA Arlington
Clearance Level Needed
Scientific / Analytical
Job Duties and Responsibilities
ManTech International is seeking a technical advisor to assist the Department of Energy’s Solar Energy Technology Office (a.k.a. SunShot Initiative). The SunShot Initiative provides funding to reduce the cost of domestic solar electricity, clearing roadblocks towards a future where solar electricity is ubiquitous.
The technical advisor will work within an existing, highly-motivated team to manage current funding opportunities and assist development of future opportunities, specifically within the solar hardware/manufacturing space. A successful candidate will leverage its existing solar industry expertise, in solar or grid technology commercialization, to provide technical guidance and oversight to existing awardees of federal funds, and provide strategic guidance and support to DOE on the use of future federal funds.
• Assist in the construction and completion of Funding Opportunity Announcements and prize competitions.
• Assist in the review and analysis of funding application submissions.
• Analyze, critique and recommend improvements to the project plans of new awardees.
• Aid in the monitoring and mentoring of new startups through the product development and launch phases.
• Monitor the progress of multiple established companies in their implementation of new manufacturing techniques and process improvements from conception to commercialization.
• Provide expertise and creativity on behalf of the Government in the initiation of design, development, and optimization of technology innovation and commercialization.
• Contribute to monthly calls and annual awardee site visits to review performance to date and likelihood of future success.
• Provide guidance on how to avoid and overcome challenges.
• Attend industry conferences and events to stay up to date about industry needs and provide recommendations on program improvements.
• BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Management or a related field is required. Advanced degrees strongly preferred, MS, PhD and/or MBA.
• 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, solar hardware commercialization, or clean energy, solar software implementation or grid integration with a utility background
• Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, consensus-building, and analytical skills with the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams in an organized, fast paced environment while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
• Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex process and production issues using multiple disciplined teams and data driven analysis.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Education, Human Resources Development, and Psychology or other related disciplines and twelve to fifteen years of experience or Master’s degree and ten to twelve years of related experience or PhD and eight to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation.
Website : http://www.mantech.com/
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security programs in the United States and internationally. It offers cyber warfare and cyber defense security solutions and services, such as identifying and neutralizing external cyber attacks; engineering tailored defensive security solutions and controls; managing security operations centers; developing robust insider threat detection programs; and creating enterprise vulnerability management programs. The company also provides information technology (IT) modernization and sustainment services that designs, develops, deploys, modernizes, operates, and maintains IT systems and infrastructure; intelligence/counterintelligence solutions and support; systems engineering; and healthcare analytics, and IT solutions that encompasses health information sharing and clinical analytic solutions. ManTech International Corporation serves the United States federal government intelligence, military, space, civilian agencies, state and local governments, and commercial customers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Fairfax, Virginia.