Requisition ID: 61081
Supervises and provides technical direction for refinery’s Process Control & Automation (PC&A) team of engineering and technical support.
* Supervises refinery's Process Control team. Provides leadership to ensure, and is responsible for, proper design and execution of small (>$5MM) capital or revamp Process Control & Automation projects. Responsible for timely and expert troubleshooting of equipment and system issues. Ensures unit’s objectives align with refinery’s targets for safety, regulatory compliance, reliability and efficiency. Serves as stakeholder for Major Capital Projects. Ensures site PC&A team is compliant with corporate standards and practices.
* Works with engineering, reliability, maintenance, and instrumentation groups to ensure Operations is supported. Guides team in workplace performance and to ensure PC&A issues are solved timely and measures taken to prevent reoccurrence. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to ensure appropriate systems’ parts inventory. Supervises local process control testing facility
* Collaborates with Operations, Commercial, and Process Engineering to ensure unit control is stable to include, at least, applying and adjusting appropriate tuning constants, evaluating and managing regulatory controls loops, complex control loops, advanced process control, SIS, and alarm management. Ensures incorporation of process safety and risk management principles, compliance to process safety management program processes and procedures.
* Develops and supervises team’s organizational capabilities. Supervises, mentors and coaches staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective action(s) when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies. Promotes technical excellence through development of staff’s technical knowledge and skills.
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering required.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience in refining or petrochemical industry with minimum 7 years’ experience in process engineering and/or process control engineering positions in refining industry required.
* Engineering experience with (Foxboro I/A) (Honeywell Experion) systems and Aspen Manufacturing Suite preferred.
* Understanding Safety Systems Lifecycle Management (SIS) and PCN Cyber Security preferred.
* Ability to work extended hours including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Must be available to respond to upset conditions during off-hours.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline(tm), Rebel(tm) and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 84103 ||
Website : http://www.tsocorp.com
As one of the largest independent refiners and marketers of petroleum products in the United States, Tesoro plays an integral role in fueling the communities we serve. We are committed to safe, clean, reliable operations, while creating value for everyone invested in our success. Through our advantaged crude supply and integrated network of refineries, transportation and terminal operations, logistics assets and retail stations, we are intentionally positioned to capitalize on today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s possibilities.