Oceaneering International, Inc.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
AGV System Engineer will apply advanced technical knowledge to the estimation, design, production and implementation of Oceaneering AGV systems. The System Engineer will work with Business Development to develop technical solutions and prepare proposals for their implementation. The System Engineer assists the Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The System Engineer guides the overall technical approach and provides direction for all other engineering disciplines throughout the project from initial concept to successful installation. The System Engineer is responsible for ensuring the correct technical solution is developed to meet the Customers' stated needs within project schedule and budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
* Develops detailed specifications and proposals based on initial Customer requirements.
* Develops long-term relationships with Customers.
* Develops objectives, schedules, and budgets for proposed solutions.
* Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
* Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
* Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
* Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
* Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
* Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
* Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group during the conceptual phase of system development.
* Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability
* Travel to Customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations is required.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Technical Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
* At least eight years engineering or Project Management experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integration environment.
* Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups toward the completion of technical objectives
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Excellent analytical skills for analyzing problems, preparing solutions and estimating budgets.
* Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements, experience with Auto CAD or similar CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills.
* Willingness to travel abroad.
* Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
*Job Title:* Systems Engineer
*Location:* Hanover, Maryland
*Job ID:* 12081
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Oceaneering International, Inc.
Website : http://www.oceaneering.com
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.