Texas Instruments Incorporated
TI Santa Clara and Kilby Labs Communications Manager
Job Posting Title
TI Santa Clara and Kilby Labs Communications Manager
As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
This employee communicator will be responsible for managing employee communications for TI’s Santa Clara site and TI’s Kilby Labs innovation center. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in internal or organizational communications and be able to recommend communications strategies for influencing and managing change as well as educating employees on company and organizational strategy. This role will also provide communications support for site employee engagement programs and the TI Bay Area Community Involvement team.
As the employee communicator for Santa Clara, this person will be a strategic partner to both the Santa Clara leadership team, Community Involvement Team, TI’s Chief Technology Officer and human resources, advising on ways to engage employees through a variety of communications tactics. It is also this person’s responsibility to provide executive communications coaching to key site and select business unit leaders. This includes key message development and implementing creative tactics to ensure those messages are broadly understood. For the Chief Technology Officer, the communicator will partner on executive-level presentations and talks at external conferences and university forums.
This role will serve as the community engagement interface for TIDN and the Community Involvement Team and will provide communications support for TI employee engagement and community-focused programs. He/she will also be as a member of TI’s Employee Communications Forum and will have opportunities to work across organizations on various cross-company employee communications efforts.
• Managing and executing employee communications strategy and deliverables for TI Santa Clara and Kilby Labs.
• Partnering with leaders and HR to drive communications that support employee engagement and ensure employees understand their organization’s priorities.
• Coaching and counseling leaders on best practices in employee communications and engagement.
• Provides support for executive sponsor and leader of Community Involvement Team, by managing agenda for monthly team meetings, helping with event planning, management and volunteer recruitment.
• Works with local nonprofits and TI volunteer champions to strengthen involvement and impact of TI volunteer engagement and employee giving programs.
• Responsible for tracking quarterly site volunteer hours, managing content, testing, tracking, analysis and reporting requirements for the TI GetInvolved/ volunteer website.
• Maximizing communications channels: Company Intranet and leader blogs, organization-level intranet pages, digital and site signage, employee emails, videos, town hall meetings, roundtables, etc.)
• Tracking and analyzing results
• Strategic thinking to connect business priorities and objectives with communications actions
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work with a variety of executives at multiple levels of the organization
• Skill in juggling multiple projects/activities simultaneously and meeting deadlines
• Creativity and resourcefulness
• Ability to collaborate with communicators across the organization
• Ability to work independently
• Proven ability to influence without authority
• Results/deadline oriented
· Bachelor's degree with 7-10 years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or human resources
Experience communicating about technology is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Human Resource Management
Minimum Years of Experience
Regular / Temporary
Full-time / Part-time
Virtual / Telecommute
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeo
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.
Texas Instruments Jobs
For more than 80 years, Texas Instruments has used increasingly complex signal-processing technology – with advances ranging from the incremental to the revolutionary – to literally and repeatedly change the world. Every day, our semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock possibilities for a smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more enjoyable world. Our focus on building a better future is ingrained in everything we do, from responsible semiconductor manufacturing, to employee care and active involvement with the communities we live in.