NetApp is a charter member of the OpenStack Foundation, an active contributor to upstream community development, a partner to leading distributions and integrators, and the data management and solutions provider of choice to a growing number of OpenStack deployments. NetApp develops and contributes integrations to avail its distinguishing competencies, but also leads ongoing efforts to evolve core OpenStack and other Opensource capabilities.
We’re looking for Reference Architect candidates that possess impeccable technical faculties, a demonstrated talent for rapidly assimilating evolving technologies, the ability to distill implication from shifts in a dynamic ecosystem, and can articulate effectively in both written and spoken form.
As a TME/Reference Architect for OpenStack working in NetApp’s Open Ecosystem team, you’ll engage with the OpenStack and other opensource technology communities, internally across functions, and with industry partners to develop, document, and communicate technical content for NetApp products and solutions targeted to field technical resources, value-added resellers (VARs), and most importantly customers. You’ll work in coordination with Product Management to create, cultivate, and implement strategy related to the integration of NetApp technologies with OpenStack and related Opensource technologies.
• Possess or rapidly attain and maintain subject matter expertise in OpenStack and associated technologies. Solve difficult technical problems independently, and continue to evolve your expertise through internal and external education.
• You will be responsible for developing technical collateral within your focus of technical expertise. This will include architectural analysis & design, lab development, troubleshooting & testing, and content creation. Examples of output: design, deployment, integration, and operations guides for products, solutions and reference architectures. This requires a demonstrated talent to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; in both verbal and written form.
• As TME/Reference Architect, you’ll create and present compelling technical presentations to customers, partners, and internal audiences across a broad spectrum (ranging from written documentation, to social media, to speaking engagements, et cetera). A variation on this will involve participation in forums, panels, and other bi-directional conversations. Public speaking skills will be necessary.
• You’ll collaborate with Product Management to assemble, cultivate, and maintain currency for various requirements documents (e.g. MRD, PRD, SRD). An extension of this activity will often include evangelizing requirements to internal cross-functional teams with the intent to influence product and solution roadmaps.
• You’ll be accountable for project deliverables collaborating with both internal and external partner teams with varying levels of, but often limited, supervision. The tasks you will be responsible for may be unstructured initially with evolving definitions, thus requiring creative approaches, proactive action, and an ability to balance multiple priorities. You may be called upon to lead such efforts.
• You must demonstrate the ability to work effectively and build strong relationships across various levels of organizational hierarchy (including management) within the function, across functions and with external parties globally. Leadership, partner interaction, powers of persuasion, and diplomacy aptitudes will be required.
• Moderate Domestic & International travel will be required.
• OpenStack and the Opensource Ecosystem is a crucible for a variety of emerging technological trends. This role requires developing and maintaining expertise in competitive technologies, solutions, and monitoring for shifts in market trends.
• You’ll occasionally be called upon to assist with integrating newly hired additions to the team, and NetApp.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
• Hands-on experience in designing, building, and operating components of a complex infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions consisting of compute, networking, orchestration, management and storage components. A background in Cloud Architecture w/ a particular emphasis on storage & data management is highly desirable.
• Hands-on operational experience and/or professional services experience supporting infrastructure solutions (Linux or other systems administration, virtualization, orchestration, and/or network administration expertise).
• Experience building solutions for public, private, and hybrid clouds (& similar use cases) including analyzing, evaluating, and recommending innovative, cost-effective components for cloud architectures.
• Experience / familiarity with one or more of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud, Eucalyptus, Open Nebula, CloudStack, vCloud Director or equivalent cloud management platforms / services.
• Active association with and participation in Open Source communities is considered desirable
• A Bachelor of Science or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience
• Active Security Clearance(s) is not a requirement, but is desirable
• Development skills: OpenStack is written in Python, you should be able to read and ideally write it. Other languages would be beneficial. Familiarity with common PaaS capabilities is also considered highly desirable.
• Deployment: Familiarity / expertise with common deployment and configuration management frameworks (eg Puppet, Chef, Juju, Ansible, et cetera).
Phone : 1-877-263-8277
Website : http://www.netapp.com
NetApp creates innovative products—storage systems and software that help customers around the world store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious corporate assets: their data. We are recognized throughout the industry for continually pushing the limits of today’s technology so that our customers never have to choose between saving money and acquiring the capabilities they need to be successful.