Telecommunications Technician II - RSS II
Las Vegas, NV, 89102, USA
**Business Line** Government
**Position Title** Telecommunications Technician II - RSS II
United States of America - Nevada
**Purpose and Scope:**
The incumbent is responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of medium to large integrated security systems, including electronic access control and intrusion detection. Incumbent will ensure fire alarm systems are installed and maintained in accordance with NFPA, National Fire Protection Association and UFC, Unified Facilities Criteria.
1) Following protocols coordinate with fire department personnel prior to performing scheduled work on fire protection and/or alarm systems.
2) Install, inspect, test, maintain, repair fire protection systems to include; hydrants, fire sprinklers, and fire alarms.
3) Inspect, test, maintain, repair access/intrusion control systems, such as electric strikes and magnetic locks, PIR sensors, and proximity readers
4) Create pathways around/through and wiring doors
5) Firestop various types of cable and security penetrations
6) Provide as-built updates and system documentation when required
7) Analyze system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and take appropriate action to resolve the inoperable problems.
8) Measures, cuts, and installs wires and cables.
9) Splices wires or cables, using hand tools or soldering iron.
10) Disassembles equipment and inspects and tests wiring to locate and repair problem.
11) Tests communication lines to ensure that specifications are met, using testing instruments such as voltmeter and data scope.
12) Order parts and materials as necessary to maintain inventory for routine and emergency maintenance and repairs.
13) Maintain records, forms, inventory of equipment and parts
14) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
**Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:**
Associate degree in technical field or, completion of a formal apprenticeship or similar accredited training program with a minimum of 4 years related experience. Possess Journeyman status. Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards, National Electric Code and NFPA. Experience with conduit installation, working with “Unistrut”, and working at heights both in lifts and on ladders. Knowledge of design principles of fire detection/protection and intrusion/access systems. Electrical knowledge/experience a plus in addition to ability to use electronic testing equipment, and hand tools. Must possess and maintain an active Top-Secret Security Clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
**Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:**
Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor duties may be performed on gravel, dirt, asphalt, concrete, or elevated equipment. Climbing stairs, ladders, towers and scaffolds, indoors or outdoors, to service/repair equipment or systems is required. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Ability to work in a field environment with some shift work, at remote locations with occasional over-night assignments. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:_
_Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**_Job Category_** _Military Support_
**_Country_** _United States of America_
**_Position Status_** _Full-Time_
**_Requisition/Vacancy No._** _163599BR_
Website : http://www.aecom.com
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).