REQ ID: 53141
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for releasing freight holds: processing RFP’s & quotes; processing carrier claims; daily updates for Projects & Rollouts; POD requests; auditing carrier freight invoices & resolving past due invoices; validating third party requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Freight hold releases: Review orders on freight hold. Calculate & enter freight costs when appropriate, release orders. If sales error, interact with sales to correct the problem. If system error, communicate to FBA to identify & correct system problems.
* Claims: Daily maintenance of claims status report and claims processing. Duties include maintaining the claims spreadsheet ; providing hardcopy of required information to carriers for processing; following up with carriers for payment; creating debit in SAP to offset claim payment; work with the accounting group to offset claim balances & denials; work with procurement to update the material master to prevent future damage.
* Carrier freight bill auditing: Review carrier invoices & audit for correct pricing & charges. Process payment upload spreadsheet for A/P. Scan & upload all freight invoices into the Transportation Share Drive. Resolve billing issues & past dues with the various freight companies.
* Shipment Updates: Responsible for daily maintenance of project /rollout status spreadsheet which includes tracking #’s, status, & POD’s of shipments. Update project tracking tool.
* Quotes & RFP’s : Responsible for obtaining competitive freight quotes for individual orders or for RFP bids.
* Sales Support : Responsible for daily sales requests to re-route shipments; track shipments; arrange for same days & special handling. Resolve issues involving deliveries & pickups. Work with the Global Help desk to release, rate & route international shipments. Validate 3rd party account #’s & update client’s account in SAP.
* Assist Transportation Manager /Supervisor with any rollouts, projects and other daily tasks assigned to the department.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of Excel, Word, Computer Experience * Good written & verbal skills / self- starter / independent worker * SAP experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic) * Ability to work in a confined area * Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach * Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Join our team as we work to deliver the best solutions through Intelligent Technology Solutions(tm), the new IT.
* Global technology provider of IT hardware, software and service solutions * Fortune 500 company founded in 1988 with clients around the globe * $5.5 billion in revenue for 2016 * 6,400+ teammates worldwide * 2017 Arizona’s Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), 2016 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal) * 2017 Dell EMC Titanium Black Partner, 2016 HP US Personal Systems Reseller of the Year, 2016 Cisco Gold Certification in North America, Microsoft’s largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Addison || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || OPS || None || Addison, IL ||
Website : http://www.insight.com
Now more than ever it's important for your business to have an IT solutions partner who can help you accomplish more of your IT goals, achieve new efficiencies and realize cost savings every step of the way. Whether your company needs fast access to essential technologies or the support of technical experts for the strategic planning and deployment of solutions, Insight can help.