VP, Operational Risk Manager','17060775','!*!Operational Risk Assessment Organization; Operations Risk Manager – Root Cause Analysis
This Risk Manager role is part of the NA Consumer Operational Risk Assessment Organization reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operational Risk. The Risk Manager has basic understanding of consumer operations including branded cards, retail services cards, mortgage and retail bank. This manager should have Six Sigma certification or strong data analytics capabilities. Job Responsibilities
• Manages projects, analyzes processes & controls, and manages data quality. Using data driven analysis, determines root cause(s) for operational control breaks and works to interprets results of the root cause analysis process and to assist in remediation planning. • Knowledgeable about operational risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage and data flows in order to identify risk effectively. • Leads and coordinates focused or allocated resources for analyst/specialist groups to complete root cause analysis using project management principles. • Makes decisions in a timely manner, balancing a need for action with a need for analysis. • Probes beyond symptoms leveraging prescribed root cause analysis tools and techniques to determine the underlying causes of problems. • Effectively trains others to use Root Cause analytical tools; provides candid and honest feedback on an on-going basis. • Functions as a lead contributor with significant knowledge of area of specialization and significant exposure to broad department activities. • Institutes measures for strong root cause analysis and control environment for business/product group. • Takes a proactive approach in minimizing risk as appropriate
• Supports diversity by actively building and cultivating strong connections and partnerships across the business/region.
• Identify and communicate trends using completed root cause investigations for presentation to leadership and risk committees
• Provide effective challenge to action plans','!*!Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Understands businesses processes, risks and can identify control breaks• Minimum of 4-6 years of operational or credit risk management. Previous track record that demonstrates successful operational or credit risk management experiences including working on cross functional, strategic initiatives and root cause analysis. • Proficiency with, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio • Six Sigma Certification or experience/proficiency leveraging data analysis tools• Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organization & communication skills. • Ability to influence senior business and technology leaders. • Possesses strong NA Consumer institutional knowledge. Understands applicable US and local regulations, guidelines and practices
• Understands and reviews risk processes to ensure the execution of the documentation of root cause analysis needed to protect the bank’s reputation and economic capital • Understands what constitutes need for leadership escalation. • Knowledgeable about different markets, products, strategies, analytical tools, financial and risk databases and associated risks.
• Training and Project Management experience a plus','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','NAM-USA-FL-Jacksonville','','Risk Management','Full-time','Bachelor's Degree','Day Job','Regular','Yes, 10 % of the Time','','','VP, Operational Risk Manager'
Website : http://www.citigroup.com
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.