Requisition Number: WS-9044
Area of Interest: Retail
Position Type: Casual
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
The Lead Sales Key holder position provides daily support to management team by performing opening and closing routines, providing supervision to ensure store is meeting financial goals and associates are providing World-Class service to our guest. S/he will perform operational functions in the assigned area of accountability Sales to ensure the store meets company expectations.
* Effectively perform operational functions: open and close the store, register functions and back office procedures.
* Provides store supervision during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure that the store meets financial targets.
* Conducts warm-up and cool down meetings with associates and coaches associates to productivity and performance.
* Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during manager-on-duty shifts.
* Meet personal productivity targets and goals, while providing exceptional customer service to our guests.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Perform projects and assignments as directed by the management team.
* Effectively perform the Selling Captain role, serving as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the priority. Achieve personal SPH targets.
* Utilize Selling Essentials and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals.
* Provide training and coaching expertise to associates in selling, product knowledge, clienteling and in-home services.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-3 years retail sales experience with shift supervision experience preferred
* 1-2 years experience in home related design, visual merchandising, or stockroom responsibilities preferred. Specialty retail preferred.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills. Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
* Ability to be active, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting for extended periods of time, required throughout the workday. Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
* Availability to work a wide variety of shifts, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to our peak business periods such as the holiday season (November and December).
Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.