Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate and timely processing of basic financial transactions leveraging Lowe's systems, processes, and independent judgment. This includes responsibility for ensuring the timely verification and processing of, including but not limited to, expenses, postings, entries, and account balances as well as the maintenance of accurate records. This role provides support to the broader team as needed to assist with the development of the accounting group.
• Ensures appropriate processing of financial activities (i.e. transactions, journal entries, payments etc.), reconciliations, and reviews with a focus on routine activities that are simple in nature, with oversight from team members when needed
• Works with systems and processes within applicable area of operation to complete and process day-to-day financial activities
• Communicates with external (regulatory and third party) auditors for transactions to ensure accuracy where applicable
• Researches transactions to identify issues and ensure they are processed correctly, providing accurate and timely resolutions for any discrepancies and/or escalating to accounting senior specialist for completion/review
• Serves as backup resource for other team members as needed to assist in basic financial or functional activities for their teams
• Provides escalation path for issues based on materiality and complexity of incoming inquiries
• Participates in ongoing training to increase efficiency and build accounting skillset
• Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
• Reviews capital expenditures, asset transfers and asset retirement activity for accuracy and compliance with Lowe’s asset capitalization policy and US GAAP
• Establishing new assets online in PeopleSoft or thru Excel loader spreadsheet
• HS Diploma plus 3 years of experience in accounting, finance or related area OR Associates's Degree plus 1-2 years of experience in accounting, finance or related area
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting concepts (i.e. T-accounts) and financial controls
• Basic proficiency in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1225453BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Department: 0331 - Capital Asset Accounting
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Website : http://www.lowes.com/
Lowe’s has been helping our customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years. Founded in 1946, Lowe’s has grown from a small hardware store to the second-largest home improvement retailer worldwide. Our story began in North Carolina, when Carl Buchan, part owner of the North Wilkesboro Hardware Company, envisioned creating a chain of hardware stores. He purchased the company from his brother-in-law and partner and had the foresight to anticipate a post-World War II building boom. By eliminating wholesalers and dealing directly with manufacturers, Lowe’s established a lasting reputation for low prices.