Kemper Corporate Services has an immediate need for a motivated and experienced Administrative Assistant to work in our downtown Chicago office. Under general direction, performs administrative duties, relieving as much detail work as possible. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment and is capable of handling personal contacts with finesse and diplomacy.
• Opens and screens mail.
• Answers phone, assists callers or takes messages, greets personal callers, makes travel arrangements.
• Schedules and makes arrangements for meetings.
• Maintains manager’s calendar and schedules appointments.
• In the manager’s absence, screens requests for action or information, providing assistance when possible, or relays request to appropriate staff member and determines when manager should be notified.
• Composes and types letters; prepares special reports and statements which are highly confidential.
• Maintains files and an adequate inventory of office supplies.
• Performs other related work as required or requested.
• 1+ years of general office or secretarial experience.
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in word processing, office procedures and typing, or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Demonstrates effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
• Attention to detail - Ability to review and proofread work for accuracy and complete specific aspects of assignments, as directed. Concentrates on tasks at hand, even in distracting work environments.
• Judgment - Ability to make practical, realistic, and timely decisions after considering the facts and potential risks; use reason when dealing with sensitive topics.
Apply here for a job where you can be appreciated: http://bit.ly/AdministrativeAssistant5203
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
+MO -CB +LJ -GD -IN –MSJ -PT
Website : http://www.kemper.com
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.