ManTech International Corporation.
ManTech International Corporation is looking for an Application Developer Manager for our client site in Herndon, VA.
ManTech is seeking a Application Developer Manager to support development and testing for a project that provides development and sustainment activities associated with the military’s electronic health record (EHR) applications for the Theater and Operational environment. The Application Developer Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining applications software, database packages, and utility programs. Also responsible for developing block diagrams and logic flow charts as well as testing, debugging, and refining software applications to produce the desired product.
• Manages a team of software engineers.
• Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
• Responsible for unit testing components and supporting integration testing.
• Participates in analyzing business needs and detailed design of system components, including input, process, and output requirements and system flows.
• Interacts directly with business community to clarify requirements.
• Consults with project teams and users to identify application requirements.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Assists with project documentation including system design document, requirements specification document, interface control document, database design document, user manuals, and operations and maintenance manuals
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
• Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Experience with test--‐driven development
• Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
• 12-14 years of related experience
• Requires Bachelor’s degree (in technology, engineering or business discipline) or equivalent, and twelve to fifteen years of related (engineering and management) experience or Master’s degree and nine to eleven years of experience.
• The candidate must have experience in Windows, Oracle, and VB6, .NET, Java and C #. Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have working knowledge and basic understanding of project life cycle methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and IT best practices. Prior experience in developing and testing military and DOD healthcare applications is a plus, particularly with Theater applications
• Experience developing and testing military health electronic medical record systems.
• Experience in trouble shooting system issues
• Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
• Has understanding and knowledge of basic fundamentals of scrum and iterative development
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable working with agile methodology and tools
• Ability to learn and use new technologies
• Public Trust
Location: Herndon, VA
Requires Bachelors degree (in technology, engineering or business discipline) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related (engineering/sales and management) experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation.
Website : http://www.mantech.com/
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security programs in the United States and internationally. It offers cyber warfare and cyber defense security solutions and services, such as identifying and neutralizing external cyber attacks; engineering tailored defensive security solutions and controls; managing security operations centers; developing robust insider threat detection programs; and creating enterprise vulnerability management programs. The company also provides information technology (IT) modernization and sustainment services that designs, develops, deploys, modernizes, operates, and maintains IT systems and infrastructure; intelligence/counterintelligence solutions and support; systems engineering; and healthcare analytics, and IT solutions that encompasses health information sharing and clinical analytic solutions. ManTech International Corporation serves the United States federal government intelligence, military, space, civilian agencies, state and local governments, and commercial customers. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Fairfax, Virginia.