Requisition Number: PB-11786
Area of Interest: Visual Merchandising
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandising
About the Team
The Pottery Barn Visual Merchandising Team is responsible for creating compelling seasonal floor sets in partnership with cross functional merchant partners, while maximizing retails sales and supporting our brands big bets. It is our job to attract and retain customers by delivering an outstanding and engaging customer experience through visual merchandising. We want to draw customers into our Pottery Barn retail stores by having innovative displays that inspire and catch the attention of our customers. We want to ensure that each seasonal floorset is densified to maximize POS businesses and drive brand reappraisal.
About the Role
As an Assistant Manager on the Visual Merchandising Team, this is an opportunity to create compelling and inspirational windows and in-store displays seasonally. In this influential role it is necessary to be able to manage every aspect of window creation from start to finish. This will require the necessary skills of budgeting, conceptualization, creation, implementation, and communication in successfully bringing this role to life. The ability to adapt direction to different scenarios and creatively troubleshoot is crucial. Strong communication skills are essential for building relationships with vendors, cross functional partners, and corporate and field visual teams.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Assists in creating inspiring, seasonal window displays up to, but not limited to, 10 times a year
* Manages and executes the window displays from initial concept to final executive approval
* Provides digital visual direction for photobook including imagery, listing of any product used and how-to instruction pertaining to construction of window
* Source all corresponding materials used for window displays and is responsible for working with vendors on distributing collateral
* Manages window distribution database and updates as necessary
* Choose and digitally format catalog imagery for poster marketing. Sends information to vendor seasonally
* Adheres to monthly forecasted budgets, manages and processes invoices for vendor services
* Helps source and conceptualize in store props & fixtures; liason between visual & production
* Updates prop memo regularly
* Liason between corporate and field visual for prop and window communications
* Assist the Visual Merchandising Team with any special projects
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* 4 to 6 years retail or related creative field
* Strong creative vision and an inspired point of view
* Ability to work with tools and be mobile when setting floor sets for extended periods of time
* Previous project management experience in a deadline driven environment
* Ability to set realistic short- and long-term goals
* Excellent communication skills: written & verbal
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
* Prioritize projects effectively and organize work load based on urgency and importance
* Correctly identifies problems and is resourceful in finding solutions
Technical Competencies required:
* MAC computer skills including excellent knowledge of the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Etc.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.