Requisition Number: PB-11784
Area of Interest: Retail
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Casual
Support management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store. Perform operational functions to ensure the store meets Company guidelines. Implement visual changes and maintain store standards. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Provide exceptional customer service in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
* Serve as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the priority.
* Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges.
* Utilize GUEST and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals.
* Contribute in management and store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, sales opportunities, and organizational improvements.
* Effectively perform operations functions: opens and closes the store, register, and back office management procedures.
* Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance.
* Monitor Inventory levels and communicate discrepancies to Assistant or General Manager.
* Assume additional management responsibilities in the absence of Assistant or General Manager.
* Perform projects and assignments as directed by the Assistant or General Manager.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-3 years retail sales experience with management experience preferred.
* 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred. Specialty retail preferred.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work a minimum of three shifts per week, minimum of three Saturdays per month and two Sundays per month, annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
* College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.