Requisition Number: WS-9797
Area of Interest: Retail
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Job Purpose: Support the management team, delivering store results through sales floor leadership and completion of visual and operational functions. Drive execution by delegating daily floor activities, problem-solving and adjusting priorities to ensure completion. Build teamwork by encouraging associates to identify ideas and improvement opportunities to drive store results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Set the pace on sales floor and model desired behaviors to generate sales and build loyal customer relationships.
* Take ownership for delivering exceptional customer service, using all available resources to provide a complete solution.
* Communicate and hold self and team accountable for achieving daily goals for sales, productivity and business development.
* Train and motivate associates to improve selling and service performance through on-boarding and ongoing sales, customer service and product knowledge skill building activities.
* Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using
* Division of Responsibility' assignments to development sales and operational skills.
* Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
* Build positive working relationships with store management team to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
* Contribute in management and store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, and operational improvements.
* Communicate openly to create an environment where associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Perform operations functions ensuring Company standards and policies are met for store opening and closing, cash and media handling, back office management procedures.
* Maintain and execute visual and merchandise standards including merchandise presentation, merchandise management and store maintenance.
* Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store policies and procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention, in the absence of Associate or General Manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
* 1-3 years specialty retail sales experience.
* Prior supervisory experience preferred.
* 1-2 years experience in stockroom or visual merchandising coordination preferred.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.