Harley-Davidson Motor Company Inc
AUTO REQ ID: 5803BR
TITLE: Associate Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical
JOB FUNCTION: Manufacturing Operations
STATE AND CITY: Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls
COMPANY: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
FULL OR PART-TIME: Full-Time
SHIFT: Shift 1
Since 1903, our bold and unique purpose has been fulfilling dreams of personal freedom for our customers - and we live our purpose every day. It's more than just a business to us. Our passion for our products and loyalty to our millions of riders and fans worldwide inspire us to deliver premium motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, and unmistakable and unmatched experiences.
From Milwaukee to Milano, and many places in between, our employees are essential to our success. We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen.
The Pilgrim Road Power Train Operation (PTO) provides complete engines and transmissions for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles. In this role, you will support the manufacture of electrical charging systems in the Rotor and Stator production areas.
You will provide technical support for all manufacturing processes and equipment in the Rotor and Stator manufacturing area. This is what you'll do:
* Day to day coordination and support of manufacturing operations in the Rotor area and Stator Winding area.
* Support a manufacturing team to achieve department metrics for safety, quality, delivery, cost, people and sustainability.
* Be a key link in the help chain to support rotation group team members.
* Drive Continuous Improvement in the manufacturing process.
* Implement new model and design changes.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
We are looking for:
* This is an entry level position for recent engineering graduate with minimal (0 to 3 year) work experience. This role typically requires no previous professional experience.
* Someone who is eager to learn and develop the following skills:
○ Basic CNC turning
○ Magnet bonding
○ Magnetic circuit theory including: saturation curve construction and analysis and testing and system output
○ Robot automation - ABB and Fanuc
○ Magnet wire winding
○ Prevision needle winding including: single phase and three phase electric circuits, two layer and four layer winding patterns, and machine programming for modifying winding patterns
○ Electrical testing knowledge and diagnostics including: hipot, resistance, direct and indirect surge testing, electrical limits and diagnostics, and magnet wire electrical characteristics and limitations
○ New product introductions including PPAP and PFMEA processes
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401(k) program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
DIRECT REPORTS: No
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 0-10%
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Inc
Website : http://www.harley-davidson.com
When riding your Harley-Davidson® motorcycle be sure to ride safely, respectfully and within the limits of the law and your abilities. Always wear a helmet, proper eyewear and protective clothing and insist your passenger does too. Never ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Know your Harley motorcycle and read and understand your owner’s manual from cover to cover. Where available, sign up for a motorcycle safety training course today.