Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Location: Lincoln, RI (Accounting)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,700 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office in Lincoln, RI is seeking an Associate Purchasing Analyst who will be responsible for negotiating and purchasing goods and services from suppliers.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Procures goods and services in accordance with the Corporate Purchasing Policy and Accounting disbursement approval limits
• Prepares and solicits Requests for Quotes (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Handles RFQ & RFP evaluation and vendor selection process to ensure award recommendation considers quality, risk, cost, value, and procedural compliance
• Facilitates Legal, Financial, IT Technical and Security due diligence contract reviews
• Conducts supplier negotiations as appropriate
• Modifies contracts, services agreements, amendments and statements of work in accordance with negotiated terms, conditions, pricing and service requirements
• Handles contract renewal process in accordance with contract administration guidelines
• Manages contracts and programs to ensure contracted pricing, service levels and agreed upon terms and conditions are being honored by suppliers
• Evaluates programs and pricing to achieve ongoing cost reductions and efficiencies
• Keeps abreast of market and industry trends
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Works with minimal supervision, referring issues to a higher authority as appropriate
• Bachelor's Degree (Business Major)
• Minimum of 1 year of relatable experience in procurement and negotiation strategies /procedures, purchasing /contract management systems
• Expertise with Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Website : http://www.amica.com
With more than a century of business know-how to our name, Amica is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the country. We also offer home, marine, personal umbrella liability and life insurance products. Our employees are the key to providing exceptional service to our loyal policyholders.