REQ ID: 54641
As a Buyer II you’ll responsible for the procurement and process application as it supports the Supply Chain Management stocking strategy. This will include working operational issues with suppliers, providing strong client service and maintaining data accuracy. The Buyer will be empowered to resolve issues as they relate to their assigned responsibilities.
What you’ll do at Insight:
* Implement agreed purchasing plan for area of responsibility * Control procurement spend to meet business requirements
Gathers Business Intelligence:
* Work with Senior Buyer to determine product life cycles * Agree with Senior Buyer risk of & impact from changes to new products
Supplier / Material Management:
* Expedite deliveries * Negotiate with suppliers as needed – lead times, freight, cost.
* Management of data integrity across area of responsibility & reporting system / data integrity issues * Create / cancel PO’s aligned to stocking strategy, MRP approach & automation intent – maintain costs * Program Support – warranties, special pricing, SW licensing * Fulfill MDS requests
What you’ll need to join Insight:
* College degree preferred * 4 years related experience and/or training * Previous experience in the IT industry preferred. * Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various audiences; sales, marketing, partners, clients, consultants, executive leaders (internal and external)
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Join our team as we work to deliver the best solutions through Intelligent Technology Solutions(tm), the new IT.
* Global technology provider of IT hardware, software and service solutions * Fortune 500 company founded in 1988 with clients around the globe * $5.5 billion in revenue for 2016 * 6,400+ teammates worldwide * 2017 Arizona’s Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), 2016 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal) * 2017 Dell EMC Titanium Black Partner, 2016 HP US Personal Systems Reseller of the Year, 2016 Cisco Gold Certification in North America, Microsoft’s largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Addison || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || OPS || None || Addison, IL ||
Website : http://www.insight.com
Now more than ever it's important for your business to have an IT solutions partner who can help you accomplish more of your IT goals, achieve new efficiencies and realize cost savings every step of the way. Whether your company needs fast access to essential technologies or the support of technical experts for the strategic planning and deployment of solutions, Insight can help.