The M&T Bank
Commercial Profitability and Planning Manager','3DF63','!*!Title: Commercial Profitability and Planning Manager
• Manage all aspects of Commercial Profitability, including pro-forma calculations for all prospective business, and oversee an analyst team that supports core responsibilities.
• Responsible for managing the planning, development and implementation of various projects and initiatives in support of department or division.
• Will be responsible for complex, critical and highly visible projects at the division level.
• Responsible for the hiring, training and development of analyst team.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Manage the planning, development and implementation of various projects and initiatives in support of the department or division.
• Develops project plans ensuring activities to be performed, estimated time frame and effort, and other pertinent information is covered.
• Manage the day-to-day project activities. Direct the activities of project participants which may or may not include direct supervisory responsibilities, but rather participants’ project activities to ensure completion of project(s).
• Will be responsible on an individual basis for complex, critical and highly visible projects for division.
• Develop and produce complex ad hoc and automated departmental reports and spreadsheets to include but not limited to project or product strategy analysis, profitability, historical reporting, work flow analysis, and financial analysis.
• May manage budget, P&L reporting and other business reporting. Report variances to management. Make recommendations on variances and methods to increase efficiency, lower costs, etc. Implement recommendations upon senior management approval.
• Research and gather business and financial information regarding business results.
• Perform complex analyses to support business decisions.
• Provide feedback to management regarding results.
• Make recommendations on findings to management.
• Design and implement complex and highly specialized PC based models to support business decisions, making recommendations to management based on research and financial analysis.
• Develop a thorough and expert understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations.
• Keep abreast of business and market trends which may affect business department.
• Participate in the achievement of short and long term business objectives.
• May exercise the usual managerial authority with respect to hiring, termination, performance evaluations, and salary recommendations.
• Perform other assignments/projects as requested by management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelors degree in business related field, or the equivalent in experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
• Highly skilled proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, graphing, and presentations with a working knowledge of financial models.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong analytical ability and creative problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Excellent knowledge of Windows and PC software programs.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Five (5) years banking industry experience preferred.
• Three (3) years previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Previous experience building and/or maintaining financial models.','New York-Buffalo-M&T Center','','Administrative and Support Services','Full-time','Oct 10, 2017','Ongoing','','false','Commercial Profitability and Planning Manager
The M&T Bank
Website : https://www.mtb.com
Times like these call for a financial services partner that has stood the test of time. Established in 1856 as Manufacturers and Traders Bank, today we’re the M&T Bank Corporation, one of the 20 largest US headquartered commercial bank holding companies, with current assets of $97.1 billion (as of June 30, 2015) and more than 650 branches, account access at over 1,500 M&T Bank ATMs and more than 15,000 employees throughout New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Delaware and Toronto, Canada (Deposits with M&T are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)).