The Construction Project Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of the development and redevelopment process including acting as the Owners Representative overseeing and monitoring project activities to insure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with Aimco policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.nbsp;
Generally, the Project Manager coordinates the pre-construction and construction efforts of large and/or complex real estate development and community redevelopment projects. He or she provides leadership for regional site project management function by managing, coordinating, and developing staff of Aimco and third party CM/GC project managers. In collaboration with Aimco Construction leadership, the Project Manager acts as principal project representative.nbsp;
Must work cooperatively with internal team members from Operations, Finance, Government Relations, Community Service Managers and Aimcos external vendor representatives to form and maintain a cohesive and driven project teamnbsp;
- Ensures assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting community needs, business objectives, project vision and design guidelines.nbsp;
- Prepares detailed construction cost estimates and documentation for project funding authorization.nbsp;
- Develops scopes of work, prepares budgets in addition to soliciting bids and proposals from qualified contractors.
- Reviews and analyzes the bids, ensures budget and schedule compliance on all work
- Prepares property logistics plan for the project and coordinates work activities with property staff so as to minimize disruption to the residents.
- Is responsible for interfacing with appropriate levels of management to obtain funding approval. Explanation and presentation of project scope and the associated costs as required is part of this process.
- Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensures quality of project.
- Responsible for ensuring that project managers and project engineers:
- Manage the project team including architects, engineers, workplace consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
- Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
- Identify and evaluates alternative solutions to best meet program goals.
- Works cooperatively with and ensures that projects managers work cooperatively with the appropriate Aimco teams.
- In certain circumstances, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing special studies, initiatives or due diligence assignments.
- Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors and selects vendors.
- Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
- Makes presentations to management.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for working within a cross functional internal team including business partners from our Development and Operations teams.
Successful track record in developing and/or redeveloping occupied multi-family buildings.
Collaborative, professional approach to building positive relationships across the organization.
Proactive communication with internal and external business partners at all levels and the ability to manage through influence when needed.
Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize projects and tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of four to six years of experience assisting with renovation and redevelopment projects and/or ground-up development projects. Our ideal candidate will have occupied multifamily residential redevelopment experience with a proven background managing projects from concept through completion. A strong technical background is critical for the role. Our candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of presence necessary to present and influence executives and business unit leaders. He or she should possess a Bachelors degree.nbsp; A specialty in Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering degree is preferred. nbsp;
Website : http://www.aimco.com
Aimco was ranked 19th on the Denver Post's 2014 list of the Top Workplaces in Colorado..Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco is one of the country's largest owners and operators of apartments, with 252 communities in 23 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The company’s shares are list on the S&P 500 and are publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol AIV. Property Operations is the heart and soul of Aimco. As one of the largest owners and operators of apartment communities in the United States, we are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of our communities is run professionally, with the utmost respect for your happiness and safety.