Safeway.com is currently accepting applications for part-time Delivery Drivers. This is a fast paced, independent position that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying groceries that typically weigh 15 – 50 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction and driving skills. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license issued within the state that they live in and are expected to comply with Safeway.com appearance guidelines and wear company-provided shirts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate company provided truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
• Deliver customer orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers and ensure customer questions are accurately answered
• Physically loading and unloading delivery trucks
• Maintain accurate transportation logs including vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis
• Excellent customer service skills
• One year of paid driving experience preferred
• Flexible work availability preferred
• Excellent driving and route mapping skills
• Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast paced environment
• Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license with a history of no suspensions or at fault accidents within the last three years, no DUI/DWI within the past seven years, and no more than one moving violation.
• Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no unconventional piercing(s). Well trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
• Eighteen years of age or older (19 for Arizona, 21 for Virginia , Washington and Oregon)
• Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
• Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes
• Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and additional job duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ALBERTSONS AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
ALBERTSONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.