Alexandria, VA 22301
Summary / DescriptionWe are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented DevOps Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will support a mission critical enterprise software development project. This resource will be a dedicated and active member of the team.
The resource must have 4 years of experience in IT, with preferably 2-4 years in Deployment Automation and Configuration Management. Coordinate build activities with the project team; responsible for analyzing logs to address build failures and issues. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of configuration control and deployment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use bamboo, stash, bitbucket, git, weblogic, Maven, sourcetree, Oracle SQL Developer, AppDynamics, and linux commands and will be responsible for troubleshooting and issues with builds/deployments. We are seeking someone who is excited to explore new tools and propose ways to strengthen our pipeline.
* Build automation and automating deployments in multiple environments.
* The individual must be comfortable working in a large team while retaining the ability to work independently to maintain the integrity of Development, Integration and Test environments.
* Understanding of agile principles is critical; strong communication skills are required to communicate with development team members, other Office of Information Technology resources, and Operations staff.
* The team member filling this position will have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by our highly experienced DevOps engineers.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum of 5 years of experience supporting software development projects or a combination of years of education and experience.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is preferred)
* Experience with SQL
* A working understanding of code and script (Java, Java Classes and Libraries )
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Understanding of relational database concepts and familiarity with Oracle products.
* Experience working on browser-based client-server software applications.
* Ability to communicate with technical team members to effectively describe application defects.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborate across disciplines and organizations, and develop and demonstrate creative solutions.
* Strong background in WebLogic Application Server Administration
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Bamboo, Stash(Git), Ant and Mave- Proficiency with Java and SQL.
* Ability to prepare automated and manual builds.
* Proficiency with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum with a strong understanding of the core concepts of DevOps
* Proficiency with Jira/Confluence
* US Citizen
* CBP-BI Clearance or ability to obtain one
About UnisysDo you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.#FED#
Website : http://www.unisys.com
We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.