Job Overview: *
As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for all software source code, configuration management, build and deployment process throughout the development and delivery lifecycle. The DevOps engineer will develop and maintain application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline the product delivery process. Ideal candidate will have a strong software development background with a solid understanding of underlying systems and technologies. You have a passion for programming and automation, but can also think of the business needs and where and how you can utilize your skills to help improve the current state of our infrastructure and fulfill those needs. You have the soft skills to work with business owners and end users. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Passion for programming and automation, and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify the development and delivery process.
• Self-motivated and have attention to detail.
• Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible.
• Familiar with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server).
• Familiarity with software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, implementing, testing, production support).
• Good understanding of the full stack software development (databases, services, REST, client-side, user interface).
• Monitor & manage analytics of systems and applications.
• Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to be productive while delivering high quality work.
• Curious about how systems work and how they fail.
• Eager to learn new technologies and solutions.
• Love open source and collaboration.
• Be a team mate, a student, and a mentor.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 2 years experience;
• 2 years of experience with various scripting, programming languages and frameworks such as Python, django, Shell Scripting, Ruby, JSON, Java, REST;
• 2 years of experience with Continuous Integration using tools GIT, Maven / Gradle, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, Cobertura/ clover and Artifactory;
• 2 years experience with Deployment Automation and Configuration Management tools like Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Salt;
• 2 years experience working on Unix/Linux Systems;
• 2 years of experience with cloud computing and container solutions such as GoogleCloud, Rackspace, or Amazon EC2, Docker;
• Experience with Message Queues such as (TIBCO EMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka or similar technologies);
• Experience with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server);
• Experience with full stack software development (databases, services, REST, client-side, user interface);
• Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Fitnesse, etc.) into various points in a development pipeline;
• Experience with Montoring and log analytics tools ( similar to elasticsearch, LogStash, Kibana, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, Zabbix).
Communication Skills: *
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and stakeholders.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Company Profile: *
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.