Director, Corporate Communications - Stores','COR03614','!*!Job Overview:
Are you passionate about internal communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Director, Stores Communication who will help develop and implement the communications strategy focused on our 140,000 Associates (employees) from our stores to our various corporate functions, all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class holistic communications team all working together to build a strong communications function at Macy’s.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based in New York City.
• Partner closely with Vice President, Stores Communication to create understanding and awareness of Macy’s vision, strategy, business priorities, values, and employee value proposition to store managers and Associates
• Collaborate with operations and other central functions to streamline and optimize communication flow to store executives, Associates and central teams
• Maintain a consistent look and feel of communications, ensuring they are on-brand, visually appealing, and easy to read
• Establish metrics to measure the success of current communications, making adjustments to strategy as needed in response
• Create impactful Associate communications that instill pride and win hearts and minds
• Enhance storytelling to demonstrate why Macy’s is the leading brand, employer, and innovator in retailer
• Serve as a strategic communications counselor to stores leadership
• Lead a team of communications professionals
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, organizational communications or journalism required;
• Minimum 8 years of internal or Stores/Retail communications experience; in-house experience a must;
• Experience leading a team of communications professionals.
• Demonstrated expertise in corporate communications, with specialization in internal communications, change management, organizational communications, and Retail related topics/programs;
• Expert communicator; able to serve as a key partner with internal stakeholders.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles.
• Demonstrated experience building broad-based, internal communications plans;
• Strong personal impact with the ability to easily build relationships and credibility;
• Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment;
• Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift boxes under 30lbs.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-New York-New York- NY','Communications','Director, Corporate Communications - Stores
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.