1360 DOLWICK DRIVE
DATE POSTED:Oct. 07, 2017
JOB STATUS: Full-time
About Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style. Our five brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise.
As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.’s enterprise-wide evolution.
Meet the team
The Global Growth & Supply Chain Strategy team is composed of growth analysts and cross-functional strategy leaders who are dedicated to driving growth and supply chain capabilities strategy with data-driven insights. This team works with executives, Product Management and IT, Sourcing and Logistics, Finance and Brand team members across all of our brands to discover new opportunities for growth, capability building and optimization, provide actionable insights, and deliver on new strategies.
The Director of Asset Engineering will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of Gap Inc. brands around the world as well as transforming our supply chain. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning, business operations, and finance, requiring a mix of analysis, cross-functional leadership and project management. Sample projects include: new market entry, developing improved e-commerce fulfillment models, and determining the needs for a new tool to improve returns efficiency.
We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership and partnership skills who is passionate about defining strategic priorities and outcomes as well as enabling the organization to achieve strategic objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Own, manage and lead Global Growth initiatives for Global Supply Chain to enable us to compete in new channels and markets
• Lead strategic projects that enable improved supply chain optimization or capabilities
• These focuses include:
• Engaging with brand and supply chain leaders as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, schedule, budgets and communications strategies to manage strategic initiatives.
• Surfacing and addressing roadblocks with brand and Supply Chain partners before they impact business results
• Delivering insights, recommendations and updates to senior executives
• Leading and managing cross-functional projects on behalf of Supply Chain
• Lead a team who assist in delivering Global Growth and strategic projects, including providing thought leadership, oversight and development guidance to team members
• Develop knowledge of tools and systems that impact the supply chain
• Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations.
• Strong interest in the retailing industry and supply chain function preferred
• Self-starter with the ability and drive to independently frame problems and attack the work at hand
• Experience project management
• Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to work bringing structure and standardization to a process
• Ability to drive to results
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
• 10 years of work experience
• MS Office skills with AutoCad and MS Project
Minimum Educational Level:
• BA/BS required
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.
Gap Inc. Jobs
Website : http://www.gapinc.com
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969. The reason was simple. Don couldn’t find a pair of jeans that fit. They never expected to transform retail. But they did. Guided by humility, compassion and a strong desire to win, the Fishers grew their company thoughtfully. Customers responded. Today, Gap Inc. is a leading international specialty retailer with six brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, Athleta and INTERMIX – more than 3,500 stores and almost 134,000 employees. We’re growing globally, and just within the last few years, we opened our first stores in China and Italy. We're expanding online shopping to customers, too. Today, customers in about 90 countries can buy our products. While many things have changed since 1969, the principles on which we were founded have stayed the same: creativity, delivering results, doing what’s right and always thinking of our customers first.