Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Corporate Loyalty Department has an opening for a Director of Digital Product Analytics and Experimentation. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertson’s Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Product Analytics team has broad responsibility to investigate and understand the motivations and shopping behaviors of customers engaging with our digital products. Reporting to the GVP of Product Management and User Experience, the Director, Product Analytics and Experimentation will work closely with the product, user experience, business and technology to inform and influence our product roadmap as well as the features and experience within the product itself.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Director of Product Analytics and Experimentation’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop trusted advisor relationships with product, user experience, business stakeholder and technology leadership
• In partnership with them, identify, prioritize and execute analytic work that delivers insights into the full breadth of our product offering and customer experience.
• Influence product and technology strategy and direction (roadmap), and product and user experience decision-making through full suite of analytic and experimentation tools
• Design and execute sophisticated analytical models and testing methodologies/processes.
• Develop reporting and analytic tools/capabilities for our product managers, designers and engineers.
• Work with Product and Engineering teams to develop new data and analytic capabilities.
• Build and experimentation program and culture.
• Define and monitor key operating metrics for the Product and Technology organizations.
• Recruit, manage and develop the Product Analytics team of business analysts and statisticians, providing thought leadership, sounding board and professional development.
• Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization.
• Bachelor degree required; Master’s degree desired; statistics, mathematics, and sciences preferred.
• 10 years relevant experience with 4 years in e-commerce/internet in a business analytics, business intelligence, or data capacity
• Experience managing direct reports in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong working knowledge of applicable technologies/concepts including: data warehousing and data mining; big data; web analytics and web analytic solutions; A/B testing; and dashboard/reporting solutions.
• Strong analytic/modeling skills with understanding of statistical tools, statistical techniques, and advanced testing methodologies.
• Experience retrieving/summarizing big transactional data sets and integrating those data with customer and merchandise data to develop new insights.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to both executive and technical partners.
• Exceptional track record at building relationships, and partnering with internal clients on complex business problems to develop actionable recommendations.
• Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and analytics
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.