Visa’s Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) organization is seeking a Software Engineering Director to grow and manage a team of engineers for developer operations. Reporting to the Senior Director, Platform Engineering and Operations Support within the DMPD team, you will play a critical role in extending scalability, availability, and resiliency of DMPD products like Visa Checkout, Visa Direct, Visa Token Services, and Visa Digital Commerce Apps. You will build a platform for containerizing applications with monitoring, logging, and features like auto-scaling and auto-healing.
• Build, grow, and lead a high performance group to develop end to end technical solutions for containerizing applications while fostering innovation, leveraging new technologies, and strong customer centered service mindset
• Build, enhance and scale critical pipeline, application, and infrastructure technologies in DMPD
• Responsible for automated management, deployment and monitoring of application components used by critical business applications and engineers in DMPD. Build and monitor a highly performance oriented infrastructure
• Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists. Hire critical talent and develop new application infrastructure portfolio
• Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work
• Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, building core frameworks and implement best practices
• Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions
• 12 years track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
• Prior experience must include leadership role for applications supporting high transaction systems
• Prior experience in adopting, deploying and scaling cloud technologies for large systems
• Must have experience in managing and supporting large scale deployment of such technologies
• Must be high impact individual with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives
• Strong in core Java, J2EE, Spring
• Experience with micro services and containerization using Docker Data Center, OpenShift, Kubernetes
• Experienced in building solutions for monitoring, logging, security, and scalability of applications
• Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution
• Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for backend concurrent engineering, system software development and deployment on diverse platforms
• Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale.
• Experienced in organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization
• Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in production
• Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally
• Capable of forming and advocating an independent viewpoint
• Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating
• Master’s degree is a strong plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
You may click here
to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
View More Visa Jobs
Website : http://www.visa.com
Visa connects consumers, merchants and financial institutions around the world with products and services that make payments more convenient and more secure.