Allison Transmission, Inc.
1. Leads the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the organization.
2. Designs diversity initiatives that consider the unique needs of the Allison organization.
3. Works with senior management to assess company efforts on diversity and cross- cultural inclusion programs, establish best practices and identify programs to remove barriers that affect staff retention and advancement.
4. Has overall responsibility for diversity and cross-cultural efforts, collaborating with management, and ownership for initiatives and programs.
5. Directs the design of and engages in platform training and direct development of online training programs on both diversity and cross-cultural awareness.
6. Maintains metrics and prepares periodic reports for senior management for evaluating/measuring diversity and cross-cultural resource initiatives for return on investment.
7. Directs the development of survey instruments to measure satisfaction of initiatives.
8. Develops coaching strategies, implements dialogues that address specific concerns and issues, and oversees resolution of conflicts/disputes relating to diversity and/or cross- cultural initiatives and activities.
9. Creates instruments linking diversity and cross-cultural awareness to the organization's performance management processes and the business plan.
10. Develops training schedules to educate employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences and how these can be bridged to assist in meeting company business plans.
11. Keeps current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
12. Represents the Company at appropriate events, such as job fairs, Indianapolis Diversity Council, etc.
1. Superior communication skills, both public speaking and writing
2. The ability to relate to a variety of people and work with them towards solutions
3. Global & cultural awareness
4. Prior experience dealing with senior leadership and Board of Directors
5. Skilled in relationship management
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum of six years of progressive experience in minority recruiting for both hourly and salaried positions, developing solutions and implementing strategies with a focus on diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies.
2. Demonstrated success in improving diversity metrics and goals in a corporate setting, including recruitment and assimilation activities.
3. Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration or closely related field; five years of related Human Resources experience, including recruitment planning and execution, college relations, preparation and implementation of training materials.
1. SHRM/HRCI Certified Professional (SHRM-C,PHR) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP, SPHR) credential
2. Master’s degree in business
3. Manufacturing experience
5. Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE), Cornell Certified Diversity Professional (CCDP) or other related diversity certification.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Allison Transmission, Inc.
Website : http://www.allisontransmission.com
Allison Transmission is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial-duty automatic transmissions and hybrid propulsion systems. Our products are specified by more than 300 of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers and are used in a range of market sectors—from bus, refuse and emergency to construction, distribution and defense. Allison was founded in 1915 in Indianapolis, Indiana, where the company’s global headquarters is still located. We have approximately 1,400 dealer and distributor locations, employ more than 2,800 people around the world and our international presence spans more than 80 countries.