Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Environment and Regulatory Advisor
Job Role Summary
The ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company located in Houston, Texas is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to support regulatory compliance and environmental programs for a research laboratory. The candidates will be responsible for working with engineering and geoscience teams to develop, maintain, and execute environmental programs and maintain regulatory compliance. This position is responsible for waste management, air permitting, spill prevention, and precursor program management. This position is in the Safety, Security, Health and Environment group. The candidates will leverage diverse skills such as critical thinking, business judgment and the ability to influence without formal authority.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Plan, steward, and technically oversee environmental programs and regulatory compliance
• Ensure that environmental programs meet all required regulatory requirements
• Develop and submit regulatory permits, plans and licenses.
• Manage laboratory waste at two sites through an effective and efficient program
• Work with engineering and geoscience teams to evaluate operations and ensure compliance
• Steward third party services and / or contractors’ performance with respect to environmental program support
• Evaluate regulatory changes and develop procedures, job aides and training.
Expected Level of Proficiency
Communication skills, teamwork, and organization are of utmost importance to excel in this role. A strong safety ethic in all aspects of the role is absolutely necessary for the successful candidate, along with the following relevant skills:
• Bachelors or Masters of Science Degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other science degree
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing multimedia environmental programs at a manufacturing, oil and gas site or laboratory is required.
• Working knowledge of Federal and Texas State environmental regulations.
• Trained in Resource Conservation and Recovery Act compliance.
• Knowledge and experience in laboratory or manufacturing operations / activities
• Strong interpersonal and the ability to influence without direct formal authority.
United States : Houston, Texas
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Website : http://www.exxonmobil.com/
ExxonMobil is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company. We hold an industry-leading inventory of global oil and gas resources. We are the world’s largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products, and our chemical company ranks among the world’s largest. We apply science and innovation to find better, safer and cleaner ways to deliver the energy the world needs.