Merck & Co., Inc
Evidence Control Senior Specialist-GLO001079
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Reporting to the Global Security Director within the Product Integrity Forensic Services Laboratory, this position will lead the implementation of Global Security's evidence management system and provide key support to global product information collections, data management, report generation, and additional support functions aiding in the Product Integrity mission for Global Security.
The successful candidate must have a proven capability to excel in a collaborative, diverse, complex environment and be able to support time sensitive workflows on a global scale.
Evidence Management System
- Independently own and maintain robust evidence management system that catalogs and tracks all piece of physical evidence associated with Product Integrity investigations
- Supports integration of evidence data into larger intelligence management systems
- Provide regular evaluation and any necessary enhancements to evidence management policies, procedures, and systems to assure the accurate, efficient, and timely handling of evidence and related information
- Assure that all evidence and related systems remain compliant with applicable legal standards, ISO accreditation standards, controlled substance standards, and requirements to support criminal and civil court submissions
- Serve as a global subject matter expert for evidence management systems, identification of counterfeit markings on Merck packaging, and provide guidance and assistance to global satellite laboratories with their evidence management needs
- Receive and process pieces of physical evidence associated with the Product Integrity investigations that require forensic testing, secure storage, and other matters in accordance with documented procedures. Activities include but are not limited to: image and data capture, data entry, evidence lifecycle management
- Provide regular evaluation and any necessary enhancements to evidence handling procedures, systems, and capabilities to assure the accurate, efficient, and timely data capture
- Develop and maintain expert witness credentials for evidence management necessary to successfully defined evidence handling practices in criminal and civil courts
Product Integrity Support
- Provide support to Product Integrity investigations by developing and maintaining product database access that enables product verification and other information collection needs
- Provide timely reporting of Product Integrity events based on written procedures
- Independently manage domestic and international shipping of products associated with the Product Integrity investigations, including collaboration with Global Trade Compliance, Global Logistics, and MMD sites
- Support the data and intelligence collection and dissemination of Product Integrity events
- Build and manage global network of external site contacts for analytical anti-counterfeiting sample support
- Maintain Global Security Product Integrity Sync Portal and associated internal facing collaboration tools used to provide general Product Integrity communications to the Company
- Manage and maintain chemical inventory for the Forensic Services Laboratory
- Operating within the Merck compliance framework for controlled substances, maintain execution of Controlled Substance program for Global Security that allows for DEA-certified handling, storage, and testing of controlled substances
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required (Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Security or related field is preferred).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Two years' experience in database management (preferably with application to evidence and/or inventory management)
- Must pass pre-hire DEA background check for controlled substance handling
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to build and manage global network of external site contacts for analytical anti-counterfeiting sample support
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and matrixed environment
- Ability to champion new ideas or positions to meet key goals and initiatives
- Must be innovative and independent, able to manage an aggressive workload in a high performing environment
- Strong commitment to patient safety and compliance requirements -Understanding of intelligence and risk management methodologies
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Certification as Corporate Certified Property and Evidence Specialist, or similar certification
- Two years or more of prior experience in the handling of investigations involving law enforcement engagement and support
- Basic understanding of commercial pharmaceutical operations and related supply chains including regulatory requirements
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
JOB: Global Security
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Global Security
PRIMARY LOCATION: NA-US-PA-West Point
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Merck & Co., Inc
Website : http://www.merck.com
Merck has a long and rich history of working to improve people's health and well-being. Through the years, our researchers have helped to find new ways to treat and prevent illness - from the discovery of vitamin B1, to the first measles vaccine, to cold remedies and antacids, to the first statins to treat high cholesterol. Our scientists also have helped develop many products to improve animal health, including vaccines and antibiotics. /images/merck-history-timeline-screen.jpgWhile we are proud of our past, we are enthusiastic about the future of this new company and we are excited to help create a healthier, brighter future for people around the world.