This position is for an entry level Facilities Mechanical Engineer working with facilities mechanical systems and equipment design, installation, and operations located at our Springfield, VA location.
- The development and production of engineering construction documents, and the design and specification HVAC, potable water, chilled water, steam, fuel, compressed air and other facilities services distribution systems and equipment.
- Provides mechanical engineering support and conducts activities related to short- and long-term infrastructure planning and capital improvement construction projects.
- Design HVAC (equipment, ducting, piping, etc.) systems for Government buildings.
- Design and prepare mechanical construction documents and specifications for building renovations and new construction projects.
- Perform calculations for heating and cooling loads, duct and pipe pressure loss calculations, fan and pump sizing, duct and pipe.
- Prepare construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD software platforms to produce Federal, State and Local Code compliant designs.
- Perform field investigation of existing conditions for new and renovation projects. Participate in walk-through of completed projects and prepare punch lists.
- Applies engineering principles and methodology to translate customer requirements into feasible options that meet expectations regarding scope, resources and cost.
- Helps maintain relevant facility mechanical system design and configuration documentation and records.
- Researches technologies related to facilities, shares learning with others and trains personnel regarding operation and maintenance of assets.
- Must be a team player able to work with a wide variety of other professionals and find unique solutions to challenging problems.
- Work with the Architectural, Electrical engineering, IT and other disciplines, and work as part of a design team to provide the electrical design to meet the building, equipment and systems requirements and standards.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Minimum 2 years Mechanical Design Experience
- A current active Top Secret U. S. Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a SCI U. S. Security Clearance with CI Poly post-start
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or EIT
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP
OTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION: Job will be located in Springfield, VA.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Website : http://www.boeing.com/
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. As a major service provider to NASA, Boeing is the prime contractor for the International Space Station. The company also provides numerous military and commercial airline support services. Boeing provides products and support services to customers in 150 countries and is one of the largest U.S. exporters in terms of sales.