Atmos Energy Corporation
Financial Analyst 2','KMD3800','!*!Intermediate level position responsible for conducting and documenting moderate to complex financial analysis projects and assignments in support of the financial management functions.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Compiles and prepares moderate to complex reports, graphs and charts.
2. Develops and maintains moderate to complex databases and reporting systems comprised of financial and business related information under the direction of senior financial staff. Prepares analysis for internal management purposes.
3. May be responsible to maintain and/or ensure the data integrity of databases and reporting systems. May assist others in performing these duties.
4. Plans and completes financial studies and prepares recommendations for possible acquisitions of cities, communities, large volume customers and other systems in the business unit's region or area of operation. Gathers detailed financial operating information, as needed, to support the business unit's recommendation.
5. Prepares economic and business analysis on special projects and proposals submitted to various Company departments. Interfaces with financial and operations management in determining the appropriate analytical approach, preparing statistical analyses and interpreting results Produces moderate to complex financial, business and due diligence studies for business unit management regarding potential development opportunities.
6. Conducts audits of financial records and in developing economic models and forecasting scenarios in support of business decision evaluations.
7. For assigned projects; prepares details of work plan and schedule, completes comprehensive analysis and research, identifies options, prepares reports for presentation to management, and recommends action or change.
8. Provides assistance to departments in the formulation of their budgets. Reviews departmental actual expenses versus budget. Issues monthly variance statements. Assists in development of department policies and performance measures.
9. Under general supervision and with appreciable latitude for actions anddecisions, is responsible for completing assigned aspects of difficult projects that are broad in nature and require originality and/or ingenuity.
10. Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting more complex and less clearly-defined issues. Identifies problems and possible solutions, and recommends action to resolve.
11. Demonstrates intermediate level of knowledge and skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/ anomalies in more complex research/data. Knows and uses full range of new and evolving financial analysis concepts, practices and procedures.
12. Performs work requiring increased levels of independent decision-making. Receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic assessment of output by supervisor.
13. Provides general guidance/direction or training for lower-level support and professional staff as needed
14. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of financial analysis principles, practices and procedures to moderately complex assignments. Demonstrates solid knowledge of Company's technologies, operations and business practices.','!*!MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Requires Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and three years' experience in financial analysis or accounting; or equivalent.
Requires the ability to communicate, persuade and/or influence internal and external customers on matters of a technical and/or complex nature. Requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and advanced statistical and accounting methods. Requires strong analytical skills and ability to perform independent in-depth analysis.
Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point to create moderate to complex financial-related documents, reports and/or graphics.
Works in an office environment.
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.','Finance/Accounting','Full-time','Tennessee-Franklin','','810 Crescent Centre Drive Suite 600','','Franklin','37067-6226','KMD-Cool Springs-Finance ','Oct 10, 2017','Financial Analyst 2
Atmos Energy Corporation
Website : http://www.atmosenergy.com
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country’s largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving approximately 3 million customers in more than 1,400 communities from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West.