Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Manufacturing Finance Department has an opening for a Financial Analyst. The position will be located in Boise, Idaho.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Monitor business performance, identify variances, and provide management insight into trends, issues and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare advanced financial trend and data analysis
- Participate in development of plant/corporate department budgets.
-Conduct ongoing user education and provide management consultation on reports, methodologies, source data and systems.
-Identify and recommend process improvements.
-Develop, recommend and implement accounting practices to promote consistency, application of best practices, task automation and efficiencies.
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc analyses and projects.
- Support period-end closing process by reconciling accounts and performing journal entries, as well as analyzing variances
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and support internal plants audits
- 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in finance or accounting-related field.
- Advanced Excel and multi-dimensional database skills
- Strong communication skills with customer service focus.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to manage large quantities of data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Highly motivated problem solver with high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of manufacturing-based cost accounting, both theoretical and practical.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And, a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.