Provide leadership, direction and execution of all plant food safety functions to support Perdue’s food safety goals and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies. To ensure all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and company requirements as they relate to food safety. Directs the plant Food Safety Department in selecting, developing, and motivating food safety team members to achieve organizational goals. Will act as plant authority on all food safety matters and work in conjunction with the Plant QA Manager and staff to ensure product safety is always maintained. Position requires some cross functional skills with QA Manger and will assist QA Supervisors in decision making when needed in the absence of the QA Manager. All other task provided by supervisor.
1. Manages all activities of the Food Safety department in a manner which results in consistent food safety results as measured through the company matrix and regulatory mandates.
2. Develops, documents, and implements food safety processes/procedures to ensure product safety is always monitored and maintained.
3. Leads all Food Safety and Regulatory efforts at the plant.
4. Enforces Perdue’s food safety standards as outlined in the plants HACCP, LCP, Salmonella/Campy Standards and others programs, maintain the required documentation.
5. Is the catalyst for leading continuous improvement through technology and scientific research in an effort to take the plants food safety program(s) to the next level.
6. Provides leadership and is an active member of all project teams to ensure food safety concerns are addressed at assigned plants.
7. Maintains open communications with Corporate QA, plant management, sales and marketing staffs to ensure each are aware of any potential food safety related concerns with product or product requirements/specifications.
8. Develops a professional working relationship and acts as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
9. Develops staff through appropriate mentoring and continuing education efforts. Ensures Perdue’s food safety programs are properly communicated and plant employees have a working knowledge of the programs through training and mentoring.
10. Provides timely, accurate and relevant data and analysis to plant and corporate management.
BS Degree or higher in the area of poultry, meat, or food science with a minimum of 5 years experience in a HACCP, QA or food safety role supervisory role. Good analytical and communication (both oral and written) skills. Experience in further processing may be required. Must have or complete certification status as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent. Knowledge of poultry/Food processing principles; Understanding of management principles and team concepts. General knowledge of plant functions – production, maintenance; warehouse; shipping and sanitation. HACCP Certified and very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
Previous experience as a Food Safety Manager in Poultry processing environment.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.