IT Audit Mgr
McLean, VA 2
Full Time/Part Time:
Freddie Mac’s Internal Audit team is building a strong business resiliency audit team to help evaluate Freddie Mac’s ability to protect our business, people, and assets from threats that could impact the company’s viability.
Staff members on the business resiliency audit team are highly-skilled audit, risk management, and/or business resiliency professionals with a demonstrated ability to provide value added audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a critical role in shaping Freddie Mac’s approach to managing business resiliency risk by providing independent, objective, and value-added assurance of business resiliency risk management, governance, and controls.
The Audit Manager – Business Resiliency will be part of this team and focus on driving end-to-end audit services focused on business resiliency risk. This spans multiple areas, such as the governance of business resiliency risk down to the performance of highly technical reviews. As part of the Third Line of Defense the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and practitioners in the First Line of Defense in both the lines of business and Information Technology. As part of the leadership of the business resiliency focused team you will have the opportunity to help lead, coach and develop an innovative, agile and high performing team.
• Perform independent audit and advisory services of business resiliency associated operating activities of Freddie Mac to ensure that they are completed on time and in keeping with professional standards.
• Perform and document work associated with a wide variety of business resiliency risks. This may include audit scoping, procedure development, walkthroughs and controls testing of higher risk and/or complex areas.
• Review monthly risk metrics of the First and Second Line of Defense and industry news to identify emerging issues and trends and communicate implications to senior leadership within Internal Audit and Freddie Mac.
• Based on the work performed, draft strategic, business focused audit reports to identify and communicate issues related to business resiliency risk.
• Make recommendations to the Audit Committee or Board of Directors on significant issues raised during audit work.
• Conduct internal training sessions to help other audit teams understand business resiliency risk.
• Build strong relationships with leaders across the First and Second Lines of Defense to enable strong collaboration, while maintaining Internal Audit’s independence.
• Monitor and provide consultative advice to business and IT management on current or emerging business resiliency risk, control and governance matters.
• May be tasked with leading, or participating in, specific risk assessment initiatives, firm-wide process change initiatives, or conducting special investigations or pre-implementation reviews at the request of management.
• Perform and document work in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
• Maintain technical knowledge through ongoing research and review of industry publications.
Work Location Zip Code:
• Minimum of 8 years working in and/or auditing business resiliency such as risk management, incident management, crisis management, business continuity management, and disaster recovery.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration with an emphasis in Technology, Computer Science, Accounting Information Systems, Engineering, Math or related discipline.
• Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or Certified Business Continuity Auditor (CBCA)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or the commitment to obtain the CISA within a year of starting
• Working knowledge of industry standards such as NIST, ISO, IEEE
• Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
• Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Work Location City:
IT Audit Manager - Business Resiliency
• Experience in conducting business resiliency audits
• Master’s Degree in one of the above disciplines
• Certifications – Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Certified Business Continuity Lead Auditor (CBCLA)
• Project Management experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Audit Compliance & Quality
Freddie Mac Jobs
Website : http://www.freddiemac.com
Freddie Mac was chartered by Congress in 1970 with a public mission to stabilize the nation's residential mortgage markets and expand opportunities for homeownership and affordable rental housing. Our statutory mission is to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the U.S. housing market.