IT - Senior Manager, QA','HQ 10814','!*!Position Description:
1. Position will be a part of the IT PMO leadership team and is responsible for leading the QA discipline and processes in IT.
2. The individual in this role must be able to manage and plan work activities for a team of both employees and onshore and offshore contractors who are responsible for delivering various testing activities.
3. This role requires an individual that has experience growing existing QA capabilities to fit a growing portfolio of solutions across a variety of platforms as well as provide oversight for QA involvement on various IT projects underway and planned. The team supports both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
4. The role will also require an individual to have experience in communicating the value and role of QA across the business to ensure QA is properly engaged to ensure the delivery of solutions that meet the needs of the business and operate effectively.
5. Individuals applying for this role must be able to build effective relationships across the business and IT and capable of driving change in a timely, effective, and constructive manner.
','!*!1. Must possess advanced problem solving and decision making abilities; strong analytical skills and a strategic consulting mindset; ability to plan, lead and manage risk; ability to recognize, communicate and recommend changes as situations change; ability to multi-task and prioritize a number of time-sensitive tasks; and an ability to recognize areas for improvement, provide solutions and implement change.2. Must be a strong leader of change with a track record of success. Strong leadership skills including the ability to create positive change, communicate enthusiasm for initiatives, and recognize and communicate significant organizational achievements. Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills with a proficient ability to influence and thrive in a dynamic work environment.3. Excellent communicator with highly developed organizational, management, and communication skills (verbal, written, visual), with an ability to develop and deliver effective training appropriate to the audience and skill level, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization. Must have confidence in delivering bad news and difficult messages and the ability to recognize and resolve conflict skillfully and proactively.
4. A minimum of 9 years experience in IT with at least 6 years of QA experience with a minimum of 4 years in a management role.
5. Bachelor's degree required. Minimal travel may exist depending on specific project needs. Position midpoint may be adjusted based on candidate's skill and experience.','Information Technology','United States-Illinois-Chicago','','Corp-IT Admin-QA-185-53','Full-time','IT - Senior Manager, QA
Website : http://www.usg.com
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems that build the environments in which we live, work and play. - See more at: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg.html#sthash.D4TPgOpT.dpuf