SunTrust Banks Inc.
InStore Assistant Branch Manager 2, 3 or 4 FT (40 hours) Riverdale Road - Memphis, TN-W444830
SunTrust is seeking energetic, dynamic & innovative sales and service-oriented individuals to join our team. These individuals will be responsible for identifying, prospecting and establishing new SunTrust clients within a retail environment. Create awareness of SunTrust products and services. Our mission is to profitably acquire, grow, and retain individual customers who will deepen and expand their financial relationship within retail banking and with other SunTrust lines of business.
Our Branch Banking Teammates are often the first to meet new clients and the ones who start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. By having a conversation, we can understand what our clients need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them. Our most important job as the face of SunTrust is to build a lasting relationship that help us match our clients with the exact solutions they need to help them reach their financial goals.
The fast paced In-Store environment provides an opportunity for daily, face-to-face interaction with thousands of prospects and potential clients. In-store is a full service, unique channel of Retail Banking that offers the ability to interact with clients, and prospects both inside and outside the branch.
In-Store teammates will be required to provide industry leading service and will proactively focus on sales goals by leading with SunTrust purpose of meeting client needs by leveraging retail store traffic. Individual sales goals will be assigned based on branch opportunities and needs.
Develop and expand new client relationships through proactive outreach to shoppers and clients utilizing the total space of the retail store. Meet annual sales goals and sales activity targets.
The In-Store environment provides an opportunity for daily, face-to-face interaction with thousands of prospects and potential clients. In-Store is a full service, fast paced, unique channel of Branch Banking that offers the ability to interact with clients, and prospects both inside and outside the branch.
In-Store teammates will be required to provide industry leading service while assisting with and supporting all aspects of sales, service and transaction activities in the branch. Individual sales goals will be assigned based on branch opportunities and needs.
Provide direction and leadership to branch teammates with emphasis on:
* Providing industry-leading client service skills
* Achieving branch and individual sales, service, and referral goals
* Operating in a team environment where duties will include a mix of management, sales/referrals and transaction responsibility
* Championed as the branch's second in command in absence of the Branch Manager
Provide operations oversight; ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Supervise branch teammates by participating in performance reviews, selection, and performance counseling. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Additionally, Assistant Branch Managers are responsible for sales and service activities that include store prospecting, and assisting clients on platform and teller transactions.
Licensed Assistant Branch Managers hold additional responsibility for sales and/or referrals of insurance and investment products. Licensed Branch Managers may hold at minimum:
* Insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable)
* FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations (or equivalent)
* Maintain continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing.
Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary depending upon branch traffic and needs and the role of other teammates in the branch. Work schedule may include Saturdays and Sundays.
Must adhere to applicable regulations, internal controls, policies, procedures and and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Two and a half years retail sales experience or two years financial sales and service experience (such as an In-Store Financial Services Representative or Personal Banker at SunTrust or a comparable position at another financial institution).
* Must have cash handling or payment transaction experience.
* College level courses.
* Three years in retail branch sales with at least six months experience in a management, leadership or coaching role (Teller Lead, Teller Coordinator, Client Service Manager, or, In-store Assistant Branch Manager at SunTrust or comparable roles at another financial institution).
* Completion of Core STU Curriculum Training as well as corresponding Assistant Branch Manager coursework.
* Demonstrated ability to respond in a professional manner with a high level of service quality.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong probing and listening skills to uncover client needs.
* Understanding of consumer and business lending instruments as well as deposit products.
* Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
* Creative mindset, burning passion for sales, strong business acumen, previous individual accountability for metrics/quotas, leadership/coaching experience.
Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provide the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
* Retirement Plan - 401k with matching
* Life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Time away from work - vacations and holidays
* Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
* Tuition Assistance - financial help for going back to school
SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer over 1,500 branches and 2,800 ATM in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients.
PRIMARY LOCATION: TN-Memphis Area
WORK LOCATIONS: Kroger #V401 Riverdale Road
4770 Riverdale Road
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
SunTrust Banks Inc.
Website : https://www.suntrust.com
SunTrust Banks, Inc., with total assets of $172.4 billion on March 31, 2013, is one of the nation's leading financial services holding companies. Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the company provides deposit, credit, trust and investment services to a broad range of retail, business and institutional clients. Other subsidiaries provide mortgage banking, asset management, securities brokerage, and capital market services.