The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
['Le Labo - Product Development Manager','1710594','Le Labo','Product Development','Americas-US-NY-Brooklyn','','','','','Full-time','1st (Day) Shift','No','Standard','','','!*!PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EARLY STAGE (to a minor extent)
• Partner with the Product Development Global Lead to define new products and benchmarks that answer the brand’s needs.
• Run punctual competition studies and keep abreast of all new competitive product launches and new technologies
• Request, follow-up and distribute formulas samples in a timely manner
• Source and request packaging samples to narrow down the options
• Prepare mock-ups and materials for meetings and daily product development activity with the support of the coordinator
• Organize and keep track of all sourced materials and mock-ups with the support of the coordinator
• Develop and update artworks, renderings and visuals in liaison with graphic designers
TECHNICAL PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT (core aspect of the role)
• Source, identify and establish close relationships with packaging suppliers and partners for new package developments
• Work closely with packaging engineers to develop packaging options in sync with formula/texture
• Develop package specifications, review technical drawings, and define specifications, design criteria and defect ranges
• Request and review all new packaging production samples and printed proofs
• Accountable for providing comprehensive feasibility of each new development including manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency
• Ensure that cost of goods meet given cost targets, in accordance with the brand’s strategy and goals
• Work closely with the global packaging team to define package test plans for all new projects and coordinate all package tests needs with partners to ensure all products are tested on track with the innovations calendar
• Ensure that all products are developed in line with the marketing calendar, and match fully Le Labo’s standards in terms of design, quality, cost, timing, functionality, and manufacturability
• Work with internal and external labs to develop and execute innovative concepts, textures, technology and ingredients research
• Work closely with Global Lead to evaluate formula submissions and ingredients and provide feedbacks and re-directs to R&D.
• Ensure R&D gets all documentation needed to define a safety test plan for all new projects and coordinate all formulas bulks needs with partners to ensure all products are tested on track with the innovations calendar
• Follow up with R&D to keep track of all regulatory and safety review timing
PRE-LAUNCH COORDINATION & COMMUNICATION (2nd key element of the role)
• Develop, maintain and continuously update projects' timelines keeping track of all key milestones, and ensuring all deadlines are met
• Develop and maintain marketing calendars, trackers and other product development charts on excel
• Communicate, coordinate and liaise regularly and efficiently with other internal teams (accounting, supply chain, store operations, digital…) and externals teams to ensure product launches are well implemented and that all launches are on track with the timelines and marketing calendar
• Coordinate photoshoots closely with the digital team making sure to provide all materials needed and a clear list of shots needed to support the launches
• Punctually write product communication materials including, but not limited to, retailer books and training books
• Develop windows displays and merchandising along with the Global lead and source, identify and brief partners accordingly to produce visual merchandising
• Maintains files of all completed projects and results
• Assist our European product registration partner and regional teams in gathering all paperwork needed to register and/or update products registration files
• Assist the product development team in day to day miscellaneous administrative tasks including expense reports, follow up on invoices with the accounting department, shipments, and any other logistics duties
The Senior Product Development Manager will report directly to the Product Development Global Lead who is herself reporting directly to the Global Brand Manager.
The Senior Product Development manager will co-manage a coordinator and a dedicated full time intern and collaborate closely with internal global and regional teams, suppliers and vendors as well as ELC teams.
','!*!• Before anything, needs to genuinely fit with the culture of LE LABO,our values and work ethics. We are looking for a “personality” with the right sensitivity and who will be eager to contribute to our mission
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a product development role in the fragrance or beauty industry
• Strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal and communications skills, able to work efficiently and develop trusted relationships with different personalities, teams, vendors and graphic designers
• Mindfulness with an outstanding attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to multi task with a strong ability to meet deadlines, organize and prioritize projects and to wear different hats, like everybody in our small company, “No task too big or too small” attitude
• Hands-on and can-do approach on everything, actual doer / roll up your sleeve attitude / solution provider / go-getter/ driven by problems and new challenges / self-starter with the ability to work independently / entrepreneur mindset and constant desire to optimize and imagine new solutions to make things better / not afraid to come up with new proposals and to push for what has never been
• Strong organizational and follow up skills are a must
• Computer proficiency with MAC OS and Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Degree required: general marketing, cosmetics and fragrance marketing
• Occasional travel to visit vendors','We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.','','','','','','','','Le Labo - Product Development Manager
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Website : http://www.elcompanies.com
Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.