Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical equipment design and analysis skills to a dynamic development team creating complex test, measurement and calibration equipment for vision systems used in minimally invasive robotic surgery. This position will focus on meeting manufacturing operations, product safety, reliability, and performance goals for numerous vision systems. Individuals in this role must demonstrate mechanical capital equipment design capabilities, and be able to work with suppliers to develop state of the art test and calibration processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Develop and continuously improve manufacturing test and calibration equipment for camera, laser and optical systems.
• Work closely with new product development engineers and test software engineers to understand requirements, develop robust, reliable and reproducible camera/sensor test and calibration equipment.
• Development and improve efficiency of “mid-volume” manufacturing test and calibration processes including:
o Design, specify, prototype, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve test equipment components and equipment.
o Test flow process development.
• Documentation to include generating equipment specifications, validation protocols, assembly instructions, preventative maintenance and calibration (PMC), manufacturing process instructions (MPIs)
• Analyze, debug and root cause measurement accuracy, reliability, repeatability and reproducibility equipment issues.
• Improve test and calibration process and procedures to improve quality, yield and throughput of new products.
• Develop and maintain compliance with the quality system.
• Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical and electrical equipment subsystems. Help resolve supplier quality issues.
• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
• BS required, MS preferred.
• Minimum 5 years mechanical/manufacturing/equipment design engineering experience in a medium to high volume production environment.
• New product introduction/development desirable.
• Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
• Strong analytical skills to understand, analyze and improve the accuracy, repeatability and reliability of measurement equipment.
• Strong statistics and/or data analysis skills preferred.
• Experienced in ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment or other regulated field preferred.
• Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts
• Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies
• Documentation skill must be excellent. CAD experience (Solidworks).
• Use of Agile or similar lifecycle management tool.
• Able to travel periodically to work with suppliers. German language skills would be a plus. (approximately 4 times per year)
• Machine shop skills preferred
• Experience with development of precision test equipment in optics/lasers preferred
• Understanding of cameras, lasers and optical systems preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Website : http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Since its inception, the company has consistently provided surgeons and hospitals with the tools needed to improve clinical outcomes and to help patients return to active and productive lives. - See more at: http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/company/#sthash.g55v5yPr.dpuf