The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Mgr, Project Sr - IT in our Lenexa, KS location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3785792
Improve project performance; use/develop detailed project plans, as well as other standard project management tools/techniques. Coordinate project activities across business areas. Identify, analyze, and resolve project support deficiencies; recommend corrective actions as necessary. Communicate project status & return on investment to management.
1. Analyze, research and design functional specifications from internal and external industry sources for standard software solutions to meet business requirements
2. Define requirements, manage priorities, and ensure effective functioning of projects
3. Work with local business unit to prioritize projects according to corporate strategy, customer and compliance requirements
4. Maintain on-going communication with customers and development staff regarding outstanding projects and responses to customer requests
5. Works with business units to develop requirements
6. Write functional specifications for standard software to meet business and compliance requirements 7. Consults with business unit to provide operational assistance and user specification definition to employees and customers
8. Performs testing and documentation of new system features
9. Performs workflow analysis to determine best process solutions for software usage
10. Develop detailed project plans, route deliverables; obtain management sign-offs, supply status reports, and supervise implementation.
11. Develop and run analyses, which include timeline slippage, critical path and other ad hoc requests. 12. Maintain on-going communication with business units and management regarding status of outstanding projects and responses to customer requests
13. Develop and participate in customer/user classroom training
14. Maintains project logs and time sheets for internal accounting. Supervises the collection and verifies the accuracy of such data for projects and sub-projects under own direction
15. Develop and maintain detailed project implementation plans; act as a resource for project members 16. Coordinates and/or directs the activities of project team members
17. Provide timely and accurate updates to all project related documents and facilitate project meetings
18. May have some budget responsibility
-BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
-5 of programming or analyst experience;
-Proficient in Microsoft Project and Excel;
-Previous experience in development of or installation and implementation of software systems;
-Experience with large software development projects across functional teams;
-Thorough understanding of project management practices and development life cycle methodologies
1. Knowledge of system development techniques, hardware, data communications project management, problem analysis and trouble shooting
2. Position requires excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
3. Position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
4. Must be able to communicate with all levels of management
5. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Key Word Search: Project Manager, Project Plan, Project Management, Requirements, Design, Specification, and Functional Specification.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com
or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation
Website : http://www.questdiagnostics.com
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.