KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Product and test engineer responsible for transferring new designs to manufacturing.
• Responsible for documenting test requirements and procedures for testing new products.
• Work with ATE software engineers to automate product testing.
• Responsible for implementing new test capabilities, defining acceptance test of new test systems and performing verification of new ATE code releases.
• Support design and manufacturing in establishing capability and yield for new products.
• Participate in weekly meetings with manufacturing team to sustain and improve yield and throughput for existing products.
• Have the ability to train and oversee production personnel in testing of products as well as troubleshooting failures.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Finisar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Knowledge of electronic modules and fiber optics is required to provide functional support for introducing new products to manufacturing inside of a multisite organization.
• Basic knowledge of automated telecom test equipment such as BERTs, Oscilloscopes, Optical Modulation Analyzers, DCAs, Wavemeters, and Optical Spectrum Analyzers.
• Ability to troubleshoot and differentiate product failures from test system faults with good organization skills to implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of failures and faults.
• Demonstrated ability to collect and summarize data for complex problem solving.
• Ability to work with multiple organizations in developing automated test solutions for production test.
• Familiar with systems used to control product revision and configuration.
• General understanding of integrating a production test system with the manufacturing control system (MES).
• BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
• Strong problem solving skills. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Website : http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/optium-corp-397858-50561
We are a supplier of high-performance optical subsystems for use in telecommunications and cable TV network systems. Since our founding in 2000, we have developed proprietary technology and products that enable transmission, reception and switching functionality for high-bandwidth, intelligent optical networking applications.