Manages all aspects of the Sales & Merchandising activities in a specified account base that is national in scope. This includes people management, goal setting, established measurement and ultimately attaining specified positive results. This leadership position establishes the processes to be used by the sales team including Fact Based Selling, utilization of the Customer Database, career development through core competency measurement and exploitation of the Supply Chain initiatives resulting in superior customer satisfaction. This manager is the top to top contact and communicator between the Company and the accounts for which he/she is responsible.
1. Develops and implements a National Account sales plan to include all divisions within the account. Attains all budgeted product line volumes, price, mix and share levels. Prepares and presents business reviews and new items. Monitors daily, weekly, quarterly and YTD relevant customer metrics.
2. Implements and champions procedures to continuously improve the accuracy of the Demand Plan forecast.
3. Manages all expense budgets including staffing, overhead and programs. Manages the utilization of the TPM system to input and monitor customer programs to control spending and attain results.
4. Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations, QA, Supply Chain & Executive Management to ensure effective communication and problem solving. The National Account Manager is a member of a team and, as such, must work in coordination with all stakeholders for optimal outcomes for the Company and the customer.
5. Utilizes the principles of the QIP, team management and Supply Chain initiatives to guide the account.
6. Travels, as needed, to corporate offices and regional locations across the country to support the team with new items launches, category reviews, pricing negotiations.
7. Participates in a leadership position on special projects and cross-functional teams. Continuously improves skills participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
Bachelors degree in the areas of Sales, Marketing or Business Administration or equivalent work experience plus 12 -14 years related work experience. Requires strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Must have a prior supervisory/management experience including managing, recruiting and evaluating sales associates. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel to Perdue Corporate Office, plant facilities, innovation center and market areas to include overnight travel. Should anticipate spending 25-30% of their time in travel.
Management experience required preferable in the food or food sales areas.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.