Job ID #: 10635
Location: US - Connecticut - Middlefield
Functional Area: Sales
Division: MMA - Ultra Precision Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 40
Overview: The successful candidate will be responsible for growing existing and landing new major OEM accounts for Zygo’s Optics Segment, for both Optical Assemblies and Optical Components. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of customer relationship management, account penetration strategies, and sales financial performance and reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to expand your responsibilities and have personal impact in an evolving, entrepreneurial sales environment with the support of the well-recognized Zygo brand and corporate resources.
This position reports to the Manager, Strategic Business Development
• Quickly develop and maintain sufficient proficiency of company products, capabilities, and services to represent them independently with major OEM customers.
• Grow the assigned Optics Segment pipeline, backlog, and revenue by finding, developing, and closing opportunities with both existing and new OEM customers.
• Coordinate the targeted efforts of ZYGO's applications engineering and inside sales teams, developing detailed proposals to win profitable business utilizing our differentiated products and capabilities.
• Win new OEM opportunities with targeted customers by collaborating with existing ZYGO metrology sales channels and leveraging the ZYGO optics brand recognition and reputation.
• Create and drive market/customer-specific sales strategies to meet customer and regional goals, leveraging and coordinating all necessary ZYGO resources.
• Provide sales forecasts on a regular basis, continuously improving accuracy from historic performance data.
• Provide competitive and market landscape information to Optics Segment, Sales Management, product & business management, and be the customer voice in strategy and technology roadmap development processes.
• Attend trade shows and appropriate industry meetings to generate new leads, identify interesting new market applications, and network with customer representatives.
• Minimum 5-7 years technical OEM sales experience. 10 years preferred.
• Proven experience in selling optics, opto-mechanical and electro-optical systems, laser beam delivery systems, or OEM equipment that incorporates those technologies is highly desirable.
• Strong plus for individuals who exhibit high energy and are team-goal oriented
• Successful history of managing and growing OEM accounts in the Life Science and Medical markets, with similar Aerospace, Defense and/or Semiconductor industry experience a strong plus.
• Minimum BS required, preferably in Engineering, Biosciences, or one of the Physical Sciences. Other educational degrees considered.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to thrive in ambiguity without day to day supervision
• Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to directly/indirectly manage others with limited supervision to achieve outstanding results.
• Willing to travel a minimum of 35% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.ametek.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion. AMETEK has nearly 14,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 80 sales and service locations across the United States and in more than 30 other countries around the world.