Level will be commensurate with experience and skill set.
• Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of Company gas/liquid pipelines, appurtenances, terminals, compressor stations, pump stations, process plants and other related facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipelines, compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment, process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
• Start, stop and operate engines/pumps within defined operating parameters.
• Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines, pumps and associated equipment at compressor stations, pump stations, terminals, pipelines, and process plants.
• Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, pumps, seals, valves and instruments.
• Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline appurtenances, corrosion control protection systems, measurement equipment and storage well equipment.
• Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and gathering or storage areas, including but not limited to excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
• Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., industrial wheeled tractors, water pumps, air compressors, expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
• Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
• Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
• Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors)
• Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
• Perform minor electrical maintenance.
• Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
• Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
• Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
• Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
Experience / specific knowledge:
• Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
• Must be able to respond to an emergency at the station in 30 minutes.
• Knowledge of compressor, pump stations, gas treatment, storage facilities, process plant, gather transmission, pipeline system operations.
• Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
• May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
• May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
• Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Customer focus
• Available for shift work when applicable
• Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to frequently:
o Enter confined spaces
o Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
• Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
• May work in low-lit areas
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways, etc.
• Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
• Be available for shift work when applicable
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.kindermorgan.com
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and the fourth largest energy company (based on combined enterprise value) in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our publicly traded companies include Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP), Kinder Morgan Management, LLC (NYSE: KMR) and El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EPB).