Requisition Number: PB-11631
Area of Interest: Inventory Management
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
Pottery Barn Brands
Merchandise Planner, DTC
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States, Canada and Australia. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
The Planner, DTC is responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer experience through the strategic management of inventory for a specific product category. This role will partner with the Merchandising, Sourcing, and E-commerce teams to maximize sales and in-stocks, optimize inventory turn, and drive profitable growth. This position reports into a Merchandise Planning Manager and is responsible for meeting departmental sales, inventory and margin goals as outlined in the financial budget
* Pre-Season Planning
* Partner with Merchants to create pre-season, item-level sales plans that align with product rankings, merchandising strategies and tops-down financial goals.
* Design inventory strategies that balance the composition of new and core, carry-over merchandise, support in-stock and turn objectives, and fit within the bounds of departmental receipt budget.
* Determine item level order quantities and flow strategies and partner with Supply Chain Analyst to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchase orders.
* Leverage historical data to identify key learnings around product, pricing, and inventory and apply learnings to future seasons.
* Review catalog proofs to ensure accuracy of SKU information and appropriate representation of key-items. Recommend actions for items on or at risk of backorder.
* In-Season Planning
* Own monthly forecasting of department level open-to-buy and recommend near term actions to achieve sales goals and budgeted inventory EOMs.
* Perform in-season, item level forecasting and ad-hoc analysis to identify inventory-related risks and opportunities for chase.
* Recommend promotional pricing that maximizes sales and margin and balances inventory.
* Determine markdown and end-of-life disposition strategies for non-go forward products.
* Resolve escalated backorder, quality, vendor or inventory issues as needed.
* Leadership & Collaboration
* Actively participate in creating a people-first culture that is entrepreneurial, accountable to delivering results, and celebrates success.
* Collaborate with cross-channel planning partner to create a seamless brand experience and ensure customer is at the center of everything we do.
* Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Sourcing, and E-commerce teams.
* Support new-hire onboarding and provide training and mentorship to assistant planners.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Data driven individual with a curious, entrepreneurial mindset.
* Minimum two years of experience in Inventory Management, preferably in e-commerce
* Proven ability to objectively interpret data and extract actionable insights that drive the business
* Proficiency in retail math and experience managing a traditional open-to-buy
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
* Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
* Proficiency in MS Excel
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.