National Oilwell Varco, Inc.
Production Control Assistant
Title: Production Control Assistant
Other Locations: null
Are you looking to play a critical role within our business? Do you have the skills to provide excellent administrative support? You will be a key member of the administrative function within the Production Control department. You will have a high level of accuracy, good time management skills, and the ability to work using your own initiative in order to provide successful support. You will be keen to take on fresh challenges, and willing to develop your knowledge within your role - always working towards satisfying the department and client requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Provide administrative support to the Production Control department. • Create Work order files for the Shop Floor • Analyse and complete work order closedowns, scanning of documentation where necessary • Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy • Be fully familiar and fully conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times • Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· An ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
· Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services Operating
· Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
· Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
· Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks Confidence
· Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably Energy
· Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities Organisational
· Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation Personal and Interpersonal
· Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
· Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
· Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
· Good standard of high school education including Maths and English at C level or above or equivalent
· Working knowledge within a service/manufacturing environment an advantage
Skills, training or special knowledge
· Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Working knowledge of manufacturing systems
National Oilwell Varco, Inc.
Website : http://www.natoil.com
Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and services. Leveraging over 800 worldwide manufacturing, sales and service centers, National Oilwell Varco supplies customer-focused solutions that best meet the quality, productivity, and environmental requirements of the energy industry. National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in providing major mechanical components for land and offshore drilling rigs, complete land drilling and well servicing rigs, tubular inspection and internal tubular coatings, drill string equipment, extensive lifting and handling equipment, and a broad offering of downhole drilling motors, bits and tools. National Oilwell Varco also provides supply chain services through its network of distribution service centers located near major drilling and production activity worldwide.