Land O'Lakes, Inc.
['Purina Animal Nutrition - Sales Specialist - Direct Dairy - Pacific Northwest','P-5738','!*!Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
','!*!We're hiring a Sales Specialist. In this position you will work in partnership with member cooperatives, Feed License Manufacturers (FLM) and independent dealers to help increase feed sales with a focus on customers assisting them in achieving improved production/profitability in their operations using Purina Feed Programs. This role will focus on increasing market share through the use and sale of proprietary technologies and products along with their knowledge of animal nutrition.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Conduct targeted Large Dairy prospect calls to develop new and existing business growth; actively call on customers in the field
- Support event selling, customer meetings, cattle selling events etc... and execution of promotions at the dealer/co-op level partnering with the dealer and their staff
- Actively work with aligned cooperatives, (FLM) and dealers in supporting the development and execution of sales growth strategies and tactics that incorporate Purina feed programs and technologies
- Work closely with coop, FLM and dealer management/ownership, develop a strong and trusting relationship focused on their needs and the needs of their customers by positioning the programs, tools, technologies, and services of Purina.
- Provide tracking reports (CRM) on marketing and service activities as management requires and maintain up to date and accurate client history records.
- Assist as needed to provide support to future intern employees assigned to work on the team.
Required (Basic) Experience-Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Agriculture business management related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven sales experience in an animal science related field.
- Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience with an animal science/nutrition emphasis, and a proven track record of growing and maintaining a customer base.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of animal husbandry (Dairy focused), current management practices, and nutritional guidelines.
- Successful candidate should be competent to have basic command of animal nutrition and management recommendations in the market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, focus, along with strong organization and time management skills.
- Success in this position requires cold calling, high internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, public speaking aptitude, and leadership in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft office products (word/excel/powerpoint)
- Willingness to grow/learn in animal feed diet formulation using company HERD Smart support software
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.','US-Idaho-Twin Falls','','','','','','Sales','Feed','1st','Experienced','Yes, 10 % of the Time','Oct 10, 2017','Purina Animal Nutrition - Sales Specialist - Direct Dairy - Pacific Northwest
Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Website : http://www.landolakesinc.com/
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s premiere member-owned cooperatives. We offer local cooperatives and agricultural producers across the nation an extensive line of agricultural supplies, as well as state-of-the-art production and business services. We also are a leading marketer of dairy-based food products for consumers, foodservice professionals and food manufacturers.