The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
['Quality Engineer','1711817','Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments','Manufacturing / Operations / Packaging','Americas-US-NY-Melville','','','','','Full-time','1st (Day) Shift','Yes, 10 % of the Time','Standard','','','!*!POSITION SUMMARY: To design and execute QE projects through the use of statistical tools and other problem solving methodologies. Provide technical support to QA and other departments. This position will lead improvement initiatives which ensure that processes are capable of meeting the quality standards and expectations of the Estee Lauder Companies and its customers. This position must have technical credibility within the organization as well as with customers and suppliers. This position assures compliance to regulatory requirements and focuses on the consumer expectations.
• Monitor and assure a safe work environment through process adherence and hazard elimination/mitigation(PPE, Lockout/Tag-out, Machine Guarding, etc.) and hazard elimination/mitigation
• Monitor and assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adherence to defined procedures
• Implements new system and working practices to improve process and product quality while maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements. Participate or lead quality improvement projects.
• Development of projects and application of QE techniques and methodologies providing technical expertise and support to QA and other functions.
• Conduct analysis of data and recommend appropriate action, performs audits and capability studies as necessary.
• Works with the plant, packaging development, technical packaging, and other parties to define critical requirements. Participates in line tests, first production runs
• Works with suppliers, developers, and production agreeing to and communicating standards and range boards. Participate in supplier improvement activities.
• Assists in the investigation of complaints and preventive and corrective action.
• Participates and where necessary leads in the definition, execution, analysis, and actions of tooling qualification programs. Advises on modifications needed to achieve successful tooling. Leads validation programs of equipment and processes.
• Documentation of processes and procedures and technical reports.
• Educates and trains employees in QA techniques.
• Manage and/or supervise direct and/or indirect reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Works independently
• Manages a broader scope of responsibilities and people
','!*!• College degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• GMP experience a plus
• Six sigma certification preferred
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must demonstrate a desire and ability to lead other people
• Must be familiar with MS office and SAP applications preferred
• Knowledge in quality management systems, process improvement utilizing statistical problem solving techniques, and quality tools.
• Six Sigma certification preferred
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Must be able to work all shifts and all ELC locations as needed
','We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.','','','','','','','','Quality Engineer
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Website : http://www.elcompanies.com
Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.