The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Rep, Route Service in our Irving, TX location.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11pm
Full-time, 40 hours weekly
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3785624
The Route Service Representative (RSR) is the face of Quest Diagnostics to the public, our customers and acts as an Ambassador for the company in everything he/she does. Everyday Excellence is a critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. This position performs day to day route operations by serving client needs with regard to properly tracking, sorting, storing and transporting patient specimens and other materials including but not limited to supplies and patient results.
The RSR is assigned up to a maximum of two (2) routes which may include:, Routine Route, STAT Route, Weekend Routes or Shuttle/Relay Route; Safely operates company vehicle to pick up, properly store and deliver specimens and other materials; and provides service to internal and external customers in an organized, efficient, and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
3. Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver’s license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines.
4. Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e., route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, cell phone, keys, door hangers, observation reports, etc.
5. Follow route as scheduled/sequenced while allowing for will-call stops and special pickups.
6. Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including the utilization of specimen carry bag to transport specimens from client office/lock box to vehicle by temperature.
7. Follow all scan/documentation requirements including but not limited to tissue/irreplaceable and frozen tracking processes.
8. Place “Door Hanger” for will-call clients with no specimens out. Place “Door Hanger” for Daily clients who regularly provide specimens but none are available at scheduled pick up. The RSR is required to notify their Supervisor and/or Team Leader of service issue for a next morning follow up.
9. Communicate with Dispatch before leaving an area to ensure will-calls have been cleared.
10. Keep route information, sequencing and all client notes up to date.
11. Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training sessions.
12. Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as assigned.
13. Properly care for and maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
14. Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction information to Logistics Management.
15. Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients using Everyday Excellence and the Five Guiding Principles.
16. Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and Performance Oriented.
17. Other duties as defined by Logistics Management.
Competencies for Success:
Behaviors Ethics and Values Customer Focus Personal and Interpersonal Skills
I am customer focused. Integrity and Trust Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance Approachability
I am service driven. Sincerity Problem Solving Composure
I am a professional Honesty Decision Quality Listening
I care about quality. Respect Patience
I am knowledgeable. Humor
Demonstrates the ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration. Demonstrate and model the Everyday Excellence behaviors.
High school diploma/GED strongly preferred, or commensurate work experience required.
1 year of experience in a customer service, logistics, or delivery related job strongly preferred. General computer knowledge preferred. Experience with handheld scanner equipment preferred.
Valid Driver’s license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with
Focus on the Customer: Acts with the customer/patient in mind. Develops relationships with customers. Communicates Openly and Transparently: Uses diplomacy and tact with all interactions.
Mental/Physical: • Extensive use of phone and hand held device (PC)
• Prolonged standing/sitting/walking/driving
• Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
• Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients, supervisors and peers
• Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details as well as ability to see well in limited light scenarios
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com
or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation
Website : http://www.questdiagnostics.com
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.