The Shift Manager will be responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for a section of a processing plant. Will provide direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promote a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice.
Establishes, measures, and is accountable for departmental operatingbudgets for the assigned area in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
Meet all departmental operational plans, to insure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
Insure processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
Insure processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
Constantly develop new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
Support and promote the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication,emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
– a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
– an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span.
– the ability to organize multiple protocols / projects and complete on schedule.
– ability to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
– ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
– ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support those needs and develop associates.
– knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
– ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
knowledge of and a commitment to Team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
– dedication and commitment to company values.
– ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.
The minimum Formal Education preferred to be considered for this position is (indicated level and years of education and, if a degree is
required, the major): 4-year college degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience. 8 years experience in poultry plant management. Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.